I don't know if there was a thread on the new robots but here it is

Haha, I was just on Gibsons site and they have added the robot flying v, and the robot exploerer to their list of self tuning guitars.

Discuss!

It seems that they have also added the trapezoid inlays.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Last edited by I am wet at Sep 29, 2008,
While this thread will ultimately self destruct into yet another ignorant Gibson bash fest, I'll take this oppurtunity to actually talk about the guitars.

I actually kind of like them. I have no use for the robot technology but it seems Gibson has moved passed the bizarre look-at-me color phase of the Robot guitars and these actually look really nice. Comparitevely speaking the price isn't bad either. $2600 MSRP is going to probably turn into about $1800 retail.

I usually don't like red guitars, but these pull it off well. Although they aren't nearly as amazing as that blue finish that's on the LP version... :drool:
^ yea i will say they are kinda cool, but i have no way of trying them out my local gc doesn't carry them. Yea the reds kinda ugly. They already have the V up for sale it's $2500.
Lets jump in a pool

I don't know why people hate gibsons so much. I like them. Unfortunately they are soooo overpriced.
Quote by Slackboy72
I don't know why people hate gibsons so much. I like them. Unfortunately they are soooo overpriced.

When you're right, you're right. The overpriced ones are made in US though (I think?!-not 100%) which is always good, manufacturing standards are way higher.
I like them too, I just find it kind of funny they made a V, and Xplorer version of the robot.
Lets jump in a pool

I'll stick with my Variax. It's robot enough for me.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
what colours do they come in now?? i only seen one in this horrible blue (well not horrible, just not for gibsons) the colour would be the only thing holding me back, the technology is pretty cool, if just a bit gimmiky in my opinion, im more of a purist thats always is out of tune
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
i love gibson guitars i just wish they would be a bit more in my price range

also i think that if these are robots and alll this time they have spent on them they could make them a bit more robot other than just self tuning with massive tuners, i feel i could tune them myself for a extra £1000, infactif anyone wants there guitars tne ill do it for a £1000

they could maybe make them with variax type thing except far better as its gibson

i dont know
i think les pauls are great
but they dont need self tuning mechanisms
Quote by jayscrivener
i love gibson guitars i just wish they would be a bit more in my price range

also i think that if these are robots and alll this time they have spent on them they could make them a bit more robot other than just self tuning with massive tuners, i feel i could tune them myself for a extra £1000, infactif anyone wants there guitars tne ill do it for a £1000

they could maybe make them with variax type thing except far better as its gibson

i dont know
i think les pauls are great
but they dont need self tuning mechanisms

can you tune the guitar as quickly as the robot?

the robot wasn't made so that the average player can tune to standard after every song. it was made so that a player with songs in multiple tunings could use one guitar onstage without having the annoying 'tuning song' in between every song and could go between the 2 songs with the minimum of fuss. You can talk to the crowd for the 10 seconds or so this takes to change tuning. talking to the crowd while you change tuning manually is only going to ruin any atmosphere that you have going.

and considering it does away with the need for a guitar for every tuning, I'd say the extra money isn't as bad as people make out.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
can you tune the guitar as quickly as the robot?

the robot wasn't made so that the average player can tune to standard after every song. it was made so that a player with songs in multiple tunings could use one guitar onstage without having the annoying 'tuning song' in between every song and could go between the 2 songs with the minimum of fuss. You can talk to the crowd for the 10 seconds or so this takes to change tuning. talking to the crowd while you change tuning manually is only going to ruin any atmosphere that you have going.

and considering it does away with the need for a guitar for every tuning, I'd say the extra money isn't as bad as people make out.

i can damn near try

but no it is a good idea
i do feel they could add something more

but when i dont even have money for a studio
the robot is kinda not appealing
Does anyone know where the upgrade kits are tho, i know tronical released them but they are impossible to find in the UK?

I think tronical stopped making them once they signed the gibson contract.
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
i think the whole robot line is a great idea. in fact as soon as i get enough money after the neck college intution fee i'm gonna invest in one of these. probably a V or a les paul