I'm having problems with my electric. I moved into a new room that we added to our house recently and ever since playing guitar in the room i get random, light, tingly shocks from my guitar when it's plugged in, even if the amp isn't on. Any ideas of what it could be?
It sounds like it's a grounding problem but if it's only happening since you moved then it's more likely to be a problem with the electrics of the house than the guitar; get an electrician to have a look at it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

I work in the auto industry and 9 times out of 10, when a driver gets shocks from a car, its cos the driver is charged , and the car just earths the charge.

Does the new practice room have a nylon carpet etc etc. It could be you thats charged, not the guitar.