so i hav an ibanez ts808 tubescreamer that I got about a week ago. i'm having some trouble finding a tone that i want though. could some people w/ the ts808 help me out and tell me what settings they're using?
also, i hav a dunlop fuzz face that i got from my friend about a month ago. i think it's a decent pedal, but i'm not too fond of the fact that it uses a battery instead of a power supply. can anyone suggest a good fuzz pedal for me? budget isn't rlly a problem for me. i play a lot of different blues and classic rock type stuff (hendrix, SRV, black keys, etc). i'm playing through a vox ac15 and a fender strat w/ fender 69 pickups
I don't have a tubescreamer but try setting the Gain at 0 or 1 and the Level at 9 or 10. Are you saying your dunlop fuzz has no AC option? I've heard good things about the Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz but have not tried it yet. good luck
if you're using it as a boost, drop the gain and tone and max out the level

if you're using the ts808 to tighten your overall tone set all the dials at 3 o clock and adjust from there
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Quality fuzzes for those with no budgetary limits:

EHX Bass Big Muff
Z. Vex Fuzz Probe
Z. Vex Fuzz Factory
Blackout Effectors Musket Fuzz
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

These are not listed in any kind of order.