Hi there,

Ive been playing guitar for a good 4.5 years now and since ive started iv been really into realy funky music. RHCP were my first big influence and John Frusciante is still my favourite guitarist. Im now expanding my music range and gone into Classic Rock like Deep Purple and Golden Earing and Dire Straights and Led Zepp and a few others..... Now im trying to find out some realy fukny bands. The only bands i can think of r RHCP and Extreme and The Meters...

Can you please name a few more so i can learn new skills and techneques...

Cheers
umm i think red hot chilly pepers do sum funk n stuff
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
well, theres Rage against the machine if you want some angry funk metal
Faith no More are good for that too
I don't know if this is exactly what you want, but it is amazing. It's kind of funky, kind of folk, and very experimental.

I recommend any Kinsella band. I'm listing them in the order of my personal favorite to the ones that I don't listen to much.

Owls
Make Believe
Cap'n Jazz
American Football
Joan of Arc
Owen

If you are interested, send me a PM, and I'll see what I can do to get you some of these.
Ohio Players.

Oh, and check out Johnny "Guitar" Watson. You will literally shit a pimpin' brick of funk.
I also enjoy Otis Redding a lot, even thought that is more Soul, but he has so much of it . . .
Kylie Minogue

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Bootsy Collins!

Quote by Jimmy94

"I like dark jazz like OPETH"
"you should listen to BETWEEN THE BURIED IN ME"
"that is not real jazz"
"LOL R U KIDDING ME HNNNNGGGG"
Breakestra, Papa Grows Funk, The Bamboos, The New Mastersounds, Diplomats of Solid Sound. You also might like some of Stanton Moore's solo material or Galactic/Garage a trois.
Always on the Run- Lenny Kravitz
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.