I learned this recently and i was wondering if it would be to much to play in any situation.

what do you guys think? its 23 minutes
Quote by jsbud11
Dude your leetness is maximum.
Seriously if you leave UG without becoming a mod, I will kill someone.
Quote by Devopast
This is turning into fap-to-amazingfretman's-love-a-thon
Only if you're a Pink Floyd cover band, otherwise that's far to long to play to a casual audience.
Quote by darktrooper12
Only if you're a Pink Floyd cover band, otherwise that's far to long to play to a casual audience.

well i just lost my band (it was me and a keyboardist and a bassist not drums )

we play a lot of pink floyd stuff but i wouldnt have called us a cover band because we played some of our stuff too
Quote by jsbud11
Quote by Devopast
Quote by LedFloyd77
amazing song... fun to play... any PF fan would enjoy hearing it... why not...

well see the people in my town are mostly emo/scene/metal or like grindcore

i dont wanna pull out a soft but heavy song like Echoes unless it will be accepted..i mean 23 minutes is a lot..do you think people could tolerate it?
Quote by jsbud11
Quote by Devopast
Quote by amazing FretMan

i dont wanna pull out a soft but heavy song like Echoes unless it will be accepted..i mean 23 minutes is a lot..do you think people could tolerate it?

Not as a one man act. With a band behind it and some lights and a smoke machine, possibly, but 23 minutes is a long time to attempt to keep the attention of an average audience with one song.
Of course if you were in a Floyd tribute band, it would be different, an audience that goes to see a Floyd tribute will invariably be made up of hardcore Floyd fans who are used to long compositions, but an average crowd of punters will be more familiar with the usual 4 minute song format.
Quote by amazing FretMan

Grindcoreize it, shorten the song to 5 minutes and include anything pig related.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
You could trim it down a *lot* if you wanted - same as they did on the Best of collection, it's about 17 mins there. And there's a lot more that could go to make it more accessible without losing what is an awesome song.

I'd not recommend it unless you're playing a very long set - otherwise it'll not give you many opportunities to show off your own material.
Get together with some friends and play it just for fun, maybe put it on youtube. You don't have to perform it.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X