I'm looking for an overdrive pedal for a Krank Rev Jr. Anyone have an idea which one would be best? Anything else I can add to this amp to give it a punchier more defined tone? I was looking at the JJ tubes and an MXR 10 band EQ board.

Thanks.
I got a Bad Monkey, put the Level on 10 and the Gain to 0, really tightens it up.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
It's an overdrive, but with those settings it acts more like a boost.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
It's looking like a tie between the bad monkey and the Maxxon OD808. What do you think?
There both great but the bad monkey has low and high eq controls and is only 50 bucks.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
I have a Ted Weber 50w attenuator, brand new, paid $100 for it. Anyone got a bad monkey they want to trade?

I used the attenuator once or twice and just didn't like the tone I got through it with my Krank Rev Jr.
So when I get this thing I'll start off with the level at 10, gain at 0, what about the high and low?
If you want punch and definition, I'd go with the Maxon OD808. Search for clips of it being used, I'm sure you'll find one running in front of a Krank if you really look around.

If you already have your mind set on the Bad Monkey then check local shops, craigslist or ebay for them. You could always put up a 'WTB' add and just pay with money order or paypal.
any od is an asset to a tube amp dude. if your not using it as a boost, using it to tighten up your sound is enough to warrant a purchase, imo
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Quote by the boogieman
any od is an asset to a tube amp dude. if your not using it as a boost, using it to tighten up your sound is enough to warrant a purchase, imo

+1

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Here's the thing, the bad monkey is a budget EQ. It works, but it's by no means a Maxon which has a superior build, tone, and more transparent.

The Bad Monkey is great for an OD under $80, but if you're willing to spend $150 for a killer OD, IMO, thats a better choice than buying it down the road.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by caraluzzo
If you want punch and definition, I'd go with the Maxon OD808. Search for clips of it being used, I'm sure you'll find one running in front of a Krank if you really look around.

+1, the Bad Monkey is a good pedal for the price, but when compared to the Maxon, there's not really much of a contest imo.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com