Hiya.

I'm hoping that you can help me out a little here.

I play an Ibanez SZ720FM (catchy name, huh?) which I've had for a while and which I really like to play. The guitar is still "standard" and has its original Ibanez/Duncan humbucker pickups. I don't think that these are too hot and, at last, I'm looking to replace them.
I know it's not particularly economic, but I really like the guitar and want to keep it so I'm not looking to buy a replacement. I'd spend up to £180 to £200 on some new pickups.

I'm looking for a set of humbuckers which will give me decent cleans and a really good heavy rock sound. I play some metal occasionally but more classic & heavy rock - AC/DC, Zeppelin, GnR etc.

I'm just a "home" player and I stick mainly to rhythm. I play through a Kustom solid state at the moment, although I'm replacing this with a small tube amp.

Any suggestions, guys 'n' gals? Thanks.
Look at Swinesheads - a Warthog/Condor set would be good.

www.swinesheadpickups.co.uk

You could also PM CorduroyEW and see what he suggests...I'm thinking his Silverback PAF in the bridge with a warm heritage in the neck would be good.

www.rockmonkeyguitars.com
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Sep 30, 2008,
i know its obvious but a seymour jb and 59 combo
or maybe some dimarzio super distortions

depending on how heavy you want but looking at your tastes maybe some paf pickups
Neither the Super Distortion or the JB would be my first pick for what he wants...they wouldn't even be 6th or 7th pick.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by metalhead64
Hiya.

I'm hoping that you can help me out a little here.

I play an Ibanez SZ720FM (catchy name, huh?) which I've had for a while and which I really like to play. The guitar is still "standard" and has its original Ibanez/Duncan humbucker pickups. I don't think that these are too hot and, at last, I'm looking to replace them.
I know it's not particularly economic, but I really like the guitar and want to keep it so I'm not looking to buy a replacement. I'd spend up to £180 to £200 on some new pickups.

I'm looking for a set of humbuckers which will give me decent cleans and a really good heavy rock sound. I play some metal occasionally but more classic & heavy rock - AC/DC, Zeppelin, GnR etc.

I'm just a "home" player and I stick mainly to rhythm. I play through a Kustom solid state at the moment, although I'm replacing this with a small tube amp.

Any suggestions, guys 'n' gals? Thanks.

Since when did you play Zeppelin and GN'R stuff? Totally new to me!
LOOKING FOR A SINGER/FRONTMAN FOR CLASSIC ROCK BAND! NORTHEAST BASED!
Quote by RoxyRiot
Since when did you play Zeppelin and GN'R stuff? Totally new to me!

Since 2 years ago apparently

*reported*
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc