basically i play in a hardcore/deathcore band and am currently using an lp100

i condemplated just putting some emg's in it, but the price of the p/u's is 100 bucks less than the price of the ****ing guitar lol.

so yeh reccomend me something, so far ive had my eye on epiphone futura prophecy,

ltd-mh400 with trem

schecter c1 blackjack

but all of them didnt exactly wow me, and to be honest my favourite was the cheapest which was the blackjack...

so is there any other guitars i should consider trying out?

thanks for any help possible
Quote by Bedhead03
um ibanez. duh

+1

pretentious small text, right justified signature
UG's professional coffee nerd
also UG's musical theatre nerd
roscoe's wetsuit
Washburn X50 Pro and Jackson Dinky.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
i think either the washburn or an ibanez are pretty good
i have an old version of the dean vendetta 4 floyd better than the new

or maybe a ltd
ltd might be a bit more money but its worth it

im not sure what guitars hardcore uses they just use whatever they can find dont they
ltds and esps are pretty trendy in the hardcore scene these days - particularly the super strat models, but they're a complete rip off compared to some other brands.
Quote by bloodycomfort
Washburn X50 Pro and Jackson Dinky.

+1 DKMG for the win.
Digital Distribution sucks.
well assuming your name is some clue that you like bmth then they play RG's nowadays as they have a mini endorsment thing with ibanez after gibson dropped them, but ive seen them use everything from a les paul to a jackson but mainly RG's, but generally yeah anything like a DKMG, RG or an any kind of ESP is what bands like that play but to be honest you could probably achieve those sounds from any guitar really
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Quote by admbwr
well assuming your name is some clue that you like bmth then they play RG's nowadays as they have a mini endorsment thing with ibanez after gibson dropped them, but ive seen them use everything from a les paul to a jackson but mainly RG's, but generally yeah anything like a DKMG, RG or an any kind of ESP is what bands like that play but to be honest you could probably achieve those sounds from any guitar really

yeh i love them haha deathcore FTW!

yeh i was looking at the rg's, but kind of unsure about the quality of their edge trems.

the one rg i did check out had an edge III, are they any good? do they compare to a real floyd?
I'd recommend a schecter. Assuming you'll have EMGs, then Hellraiser. I've only played a few instore though.
I would say get one of those Jackson Dinky's with the EMG's, or an ESP/LTD. I would look into this if its too much then save up because these things play like a dream. http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Deluxe-EC1000-Electric-Guitar?sku=516629
My Rig
Mesa Triple Rectifier Half Stack
Jackson USA King V 2
1988 American Made Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/Bigsby
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
look at the Ibanez RG1570 it is an allround excellent guitar with 1 of the best double locking trems there is.

For what you want it for i think the RG1570 or the Jackson Dinky would best suit your needs go and check them both out, they are both top quality guitars for a reasonable price
RG's & Mesa's
I like the esp/ltd eclipses and vipers
never played either but from what ive heard theyre good
one of my friends has a viper and he plays it more than his LP so it must be pretty good
GUITAR: Gibson Les Paul Special
AMP:Fender Vibro Champ XD
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
USMC
Jackson, Schecter, Ibanez, ESP, Washburn.

Maybe the Epiphone Prophecies. But only the Futura has an FR, which, suprisingly, is an OFR.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
go 7 string ibanez. no annoying setups for the tremolo because you don't need to downtune, and you can stick a capo on it for playing in c or d.
I still say go with a Wash or a Jackson, my ESP makes a great sound for metal as well.

When it comes to bang for buck, Washburn and Schecter pretty much dominate. Jackson is excellent, but for a quality Jackson, follows along a quality price. Not dissing the dinky's, I think they have great playability, but sometimes I wonder why Jackson asks for so much money when it comes to better neck construction than a bolt-on.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Quote by rky
go 7 string ibanez. no annoying setups for the tremolo because you don't need to downtune, and you can stick a capo on it for playing in c or d.

downtuning is where the fun is with 7 strings

but generally another brand that alot of these type of band play is schecter as people have mentioned.

but ibanez play amazingly, if it wasnt for the basswood bodys!
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT