Does Anyone Know How The Fender Lite ash Strat Compares To The Mexican?

I have heard taht with ash i may not be able to get a real strat tone
but im not sure as all the old strats are ash

anything about these guitars would help

also should i just save up and get a american standard?

thanks
I havent tried the lite ash strat, but ive a/bed the lite ash tele and standard tele and the lite ash just was better in every conceivable way, felt nicer, looked nicer, sounded alottt better, id have one but at the time i didnt have the cash for it.

Ash is a quality wood, youll be able to get plenty of stratty tones, and with the SDs, more-so than the MIM anyway.

I'd do it, but deffiantey try them out.
Yeah the lite ash is definately better in any way that should matter. What is true for the tele comparison is definately true for the strats as well.

The staggered pickups in the ash body sound amazing.

Also, lite ash isn't the same as the ash used in the older fender strats, by the way
^ +1, lite ash is sen, i think. to be honest, i'd try my best to audition several example of each- at that price point, the qc will be a little variable, i've tried MIMs i've liked, and ones i've hated, ditto with the lite ash ones...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
True true,

Always try before you buy, no matter the reviews or enthousiastic ravings of forum-goers
yeah, reviews are more or less worthless. the main use for them is to spot recurring faults, if, say, 40% of the reviews say a certain part broke or failed after 3 weeks, that'd obviously be worth keeping in mind. but regarding how good something actually is, yeah, i don't trust most of them as far as i can throw them...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
and even if everything you find on the net is positive, and everyone you talk to on the street tells you the guitar rocks in every conceivable way, that still doesn't mean that the guitar you'll get in your hands might not have a design or manufacturing error on it.
yeah, definitely. you can always get a lemon, even with the expensive stuff (just it should be less likely).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?