Hi there guys!

I'm having a tough time choosing between these two strats.

Option One;
Fender Korean, made from Koa wood, with seymour duncans.

Option Two;
2008 American Standard White With Rosewood board.

Looks wise, i prefer the Koa one. Playing wise, they're pretty equal.

I've not been able to play both through a good amp yet, both have been through a vox ad15vt and a roland microcube.

I cant work out which one to buy.

Obv, the Korean is £300 cheaper, but im still not sure. I've never seen such nice woodgrain on a guitar before!!!

I'm worried about maybe durability and value-loss though.

Thanks in advance for any opinions from you guys.

EDIT: Will get up a picture of the Koa one tonight.
american standards are nice

im not too sure about koa wood you wont get a true strat sound if tahts what your after

plus the build quality of the american will be much better
Ive heard its a Koa veneer on the Fenders'. Id go and look on the Fender website to check.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
buy the USA. The other ones use weird grades of wood or sub species they can call "mahogany", etc... That's why the low end models never say "Honduran Mahogany" (for example).
Ahhh.... Thank you so ****ing much Chrisiphone for telling me that.

I've just checked it out and it IS a veneer. That piece of information has just made my choice.

Plus everyone else says the USA built lol.

Thanks a lot guys.
Ok, i just went to the shop i wanna buy it from.

How about this for a deal;

Brand New American Standard Stratocaster, Arctic White, Rosewood 'board, delta tone controls e.t.c...

Including hardcase, strap, lead...

£760.

He said he'll also throw in £30 of stuff to make up for the price difference in another strat i found.

Is this good? I imagine the £30 will be like a pedal or leads and stuff.
I say the MIA Strat, but I'm biased.

Look in my profile at mine. Olympic white, maple fretboard. I am so glad I bought it. I will never need another guitar.

The koa one is nice, and it is entirely up to you. But I honestly believe that the American made quality is too good to pass up. I played a MIM in comparison, and while it was exceptional as well, it still doesn't measure up to the MIA - this is in my case, though.
Quote by SenorSmiley
buy the USA. The other ones use weird grades of wood or sub species they can call "mahogany", etc... That's why the low end models never say "Honduran Mahogany" (for example).

True, especially when talking about Korean and Indonesian guitars. Japanese made guitars are a different thing alltoghether though. They frequently use african mahogany, which is close in quality if not equal to south american mahogany.

Anyway, I'm typing this because there is no real honduran mahogany available for guitar building currently. The mahogany used by most companies in the US and Europe nowadays comes from countries in close proximity to Honduras though, so the woods used are pretty much the same. Honduras hasn't been exporting mahogany for years. Oddly, some comapanies (usually smaller ones) still claim to be using that type of wood, though it is simply not true.
Just thought I'd mention that.
why are you looking at only those two? i mean, at the price of the koa one, you'd have several other options to consider as well, ditto with the american standard one... just worth considering. what type of tones are you after, do you like more modern or more vintage strats, etc.? does it have to say fender on it?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Pretty much has to be a fender tbh. Playing it safe is what i'd like to do with so much money (for me, anyway). The tone i want is anything from Rory Gallagher, to SRV, to Clapton. But i also want John Frusciante clean tones.

I reckon the American Standard is the way to go. Am i getting the right price you reckon guys?
fair enough, just be aware you're ignoring other brands who also make nice strats- blade, g&l (set up by leo fender, by the way), old MIJ tokais, etc. etc. many of which will be better value than the fenders (in my opinion). Fender has the name everyone wants, so doesn't have to give you as much for your money.

regarding the price, gak is selling them for £699. maybe you could use that to bargain your local shop down a little; it's probably not enough cheaper to settle for one you haven't tried, i don't think, especially if he's throwing in £30 of accessories (assuming they're accessories you want)...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?