Ok, i just got back my 1980s Cube 60 from the repair store (new speaker) and its great.

Im using my Zoom G2 for extra distortion (i play Machine Head, Metallica etc and the Cube doesnt have enough gain to replicate the sound) in through the "Clean" input on the top of the amp.

My rhythm guitarist is using a 30 watt Laney, and im having trouble getting a good tone that sound heavy but not mashy.

I need advice on hooking up the pedal properly (lol), recommendations of EQ settings (bear in mind i have EQ on on my pedal) and advice on volume levelling.

Our practice space is a two car garage.

Thanks in advance, hope you can help.
It sounds good to boost your mids. If you wanna go out and try it, it's not gonna sound heavy on it's own. But in a band situation it sounds really great, the bass and drums fill in the low end. For example, I used to do either Bass 8, Mids 3, Treble 7 or Bass 9, Mids 4, Treble 5.5 depending on my mood. It sounded so great and heavy on my own, but when I played with the band it sounded terrible. Now I use Bass 4, Mids 6, Treble 4, and when I play with the band I don't step on anybody's shoes and it still sounds heavy.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Thanks for the reply, I'm still playing around with the amp lol, but i should be able to dial in something good tomorrow my band gets together.