I recently got my first good amp, Ive been playing it like I would my old SS.

Should I only be using this on special occasions or something like that? Or is it safe to play whenever I feel like without wearing out the tubes quickly.

I play quit a few hours every day.

How long do the tubes normally last, Should I play it instead of the ss.
Its notorious for overheating, but I fan it and it seems to manage, I play normally on low volumes.

Saving for a mic and cant afford to ruin the tubes.

Would people assume that they might last another year?
Play as much as you like, as long as you maintain it. And just replace the tubes when they blow=)
The Guitarist in my band bought one back in February to replace his cheapy Crate 15 watt POS. It's had a couple weird feedback things happen but no overheating.
If it's brand new then you also have to wear in the speaker.

So yeah, by all means, play it. When the tubes die it is far from the end of the world - just buy another set and you should be right to go.

Happy jamming!
Quote by foob85
Wearable capo? Maybe he means like clamping the capo to his penis and walking around?

Because that's not what I do with my capo.

OVER MY OBJECTIONS!
Quote by dan_g_
Its notorious for overheating, but I fan it and it seems to manage, I play normally on low volumes.

Saving for a mic and cant afford to ruin the tubes.

Would people assume that they might last another year?

the overheating problem was sorted 5 years ago, they dont overheat now unless its a faulty amp like any amp can, and yes just play it as often as you like, i sometimes turn mines on and off 3-4 times a day and had no problems with it, pointless buying a valve amp if you cant use it
Just make sure you let the tubes warm up for 15-30 seconds before hand and you'll be good to go. Let the amp standby for about 10 seconds before you shut it off, and you'll get a good amount of time out of the tubes.
Play it as much and as often as you want.

The tubes'll last for a few years.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
dude wrong way to go about it. at the very least when you're playing you want the best tone possible. play your better amp. dude
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Yes the more you use a tube amp the faster the tubes go out. But they wont go out that fast. I use my tube amp not every day but several times a week for 2 or 3 hours its almost 3 years old with original tubes. A tube amp isnt fine china you get out for holidays.
Only play it on days that end in a "Y". You can play it today, but not tomorrow. Well if tomorrow is today when it arrives, play it. But if tomorrow ever comes, you're toast.
Enjoy your new amp - it's built to be played.
The overheating was sorted years ago, and it was the old dsl201's that were the worst. You should be ok, unless this happens to be a second hand amp.

30 seconds is more than enough time to warm the tubes before playing, and contrary to popular belief, there is no need to "cool down" the tubes by putting it into standby for a few mins/seconds before turning the power off.

People seem to think that tube amps are very fragile and easily damaged, but if that were true, why do we have old vintage amps still functioning today, despite being over 40 years old? and how do touring bands manage out on the road? - their amps survive.

As do ours at work. With close to 30 marshall jcm900/2000 heads, and tens of ampeg svts, we very rarely have to do any maintainance on them, which isnt bad considering they get 15 hours of playing a day, 363 days a year. Valves get changed regularly because of this, but thats what you'd expect with that level of use.

they take some amount of abuse too.
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
^Where do you work and how do I apply?
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.