i dont know if it is the clothes they wear, their hair or the blatent low budget, its just creepy, more than todays horror films

I was watching a few clips of toxic avenger on youtube and as you would expect i threw up, especially the one where the kid gets run over. But for me it was just the whole vibe of the film.

Does anyone else feel this way
no but im tempted to check that out now. links?
Sig space available, give me some praise
Quote by ross1234
no but im tempted to check that out now. links?

i can put links up later, but im using the schools computer and youtube's filtered
Quote by metaladdict123
i can put links up later, but im using the schools computer and youtube's filtered

fine i'll do it the hard way and search myself
lol at the old lady scene
Sig space available, give me some praise
Last edited by ross1234 at Sep 30, 2008,
Low budget films always seem to get more scares than a high budget film with the most up to date technology.

It's the same with programs such as Doctor Who. The original was scary for kids yet the new Doctor Who isn't scary at all.
Its all a matter of psychology, I mean I still jump playing all the old Resident Evils but alone in the dark was no fun at all, and the old original Quake was pretty cool but now its just silly, I think they try so hard that they sterilise it they end up making it more funny than scary. James Van Praaaaagh! in Beyond is scarier than today horror films.
We are desensitised as a generation to horror films, we don't find things scary as we are used to them whereas 30 years ago Cannibal Holocaust was giving people heart attacks as they had never seen anything like it.
RULE BRITANNIA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wuBKDfyQyw

This made me wanna whatch em lookes hilarious!
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
i watched dario argentos' 'suspiria' last nite.

that was pretty awesome.
i flew beyond the sun before it was time
After 2, they really went down hill.

Anyway, its because no one is afraid of CGI.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Toxic Avenger is quite far from a horror film imo.

Unless it's the horror of ridiculously poor acting, effects and script.

But that's what defines Tromaville.

It's more like a novelty comedy.
Thats what made 80s horror the best. That and 70s horror.

Alot of Troma films are great because of their cheese factor. If Toxic Avenger made you puke then watch Terror Firmer. That will surely make you spew. Especially when the crazed transvestite serial killer shows his nasty vagina or when he makes his dad eat his own pickled wang.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.