http://www.tokai-guitars.co.uk/

In 1982 the western guitar market was shocked into submission. Never before had it seen instruments of such quality from a Japanese builder. Tokai had come to town and had changed the entire perception of the guitar world forever!

Their arrival brought about a knee-jerk reaction from the world’s existing major manufacturers. However by this time, Tokai had firmly established itself as a builder of unquestionable reputation and precision. Unlike many of its competitors, Tokai founded by Tadayouki Adachi in Hamamatsu in 1947, still remains a genuine family concern. Now headed by its current President, Shohei Adachi, Tokai still retains the philosophy of absolute commitment to quality.

The majority of its current workforce are the same skilled craftsmen who created the now highly collectable eighties classics.

But this year is also a remarkable year for the company. History has proved that Tokai do not produce guitars without total conviction to their art and as a result of the growing demand for high quality Tokai instruments, we have been forced to employ even more accomplished craftsmen to ensure the enduring quality and desirability that the Tokai brand has become associated with.

Have an awesome Tokai?
Want to show us all?

Post Here.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Yeah i love mine the guy at the guitar store let me play a gibson while he serviced my tokai and i was glad to get it back.
I have a few pics of mine somewhere online, i'll hunt them down for you guys.
Kicked balls off the "Classic" I played.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by blind.quardian
Hehe doesnt seem to get much attention:P

Well yeah.. Tokai isn't as popular as Gibson or Fender etc.

Mine

I've taken the pickguard off now, still looks good there though.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Last edited by Vauxite at Sep 30, 2008,
here is mine

Amazing guitar, but I feel I am not a les paul kind of player. I really love my Japanese Jag, and I am looking for a Telecaster copy. Tokai for sure,they just make the sweetest guitars out on the market for not a lot of money. Dont buy the chinese ones though

Ah mines MIK, still better than the Gibby Studio though.
Absaloutly love it, bargain at £450
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by Vauxite
Well yeah.. Tokai isn't as popular as Gibson or Fender etc.

Mine

I've taken the pickguard off now, still looks good there though.

awesome gutiar man. just wondering how muhc was that guitar? i cant find the pricing anywhere, thanks
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by LezPaulEpiphone
awesome gutiar man. just wondering how muhc was that guitar? i cant find the pricing anywhere, thanks

£450 with Hard Case.

£400 without.

---------------------------------------------

Problem guys, took mine into the shop today to get set up, when i got it back Mr Shop Man said there is a problem with my high E intonation, no matter how much he alters it it still plays a little flat, not really noticeable until you compare these-

e-12-----12-------------------
B-----17-----17---------------

The E is a little flat.
He says he has no idea what the problem is, but i think i have a diagnosis.

When I first got the guitar I broke the peg on the E-String tuner, when i went for a replacement, the only replacement available was a proper Gibson one, so now my E A D G & B strings have Tokai tuners, and my high E, a Gibson, but thats the one with fucked intonation,

hmm..

tl:dr - read it, it's not that long.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Last edited by Vauxite at Oct 6, 2008,
I love mine, but I need the cash, so its up for sale, it actually is as good if not better than a friends standard, he likes it more than the gibbo
Quote by stereohigh
I love mine, but I need the cash, so its up for sale, it actually is as good if not better than a friends standard, he likes it more than the gibbo

Pics! Whether it's being sold here or not, it's blaspheme to enter this thread with pics of your own, post nao.

---

it must be the Gibby tuner, once again, Tokai prevails over Gibson.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
I fixed my intonation!
Just added 11s instead of 10s, fixed instantly

It sounds amazing, I absaloutly love it!
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ