i want a really good one.
have plenty of money to spend because dad and i are going halves, and we're both loaded with cash.

whats their best ones?

dad plays oldschool sorta acoustic songs at the pub every sunday (bob dyan, don mclain) that sorta stuff, american pie, and the rest of them.

i play alot of original acoustic songs. but i also write alot of the punk/post hardcore songs for my band on the acoustic.

a bottom cut away would be good.

and im in australia, if that matters.

thanks heaps.
EF341SC, in my opinion. It's the one played by Bruce Springsteen and Jon Bon Jovi.
how much is a oad of money?

Also, there is no such thing as "best". It's purely subjective. You might like the woods and ornamentation that one of the guitars are made of, but not another.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
okay. in australian dollars. i have $900, and dad is gonna equal or more what i pay.

so up to about $2000 is what we are willing to pay.

and ornamentation (as in looks) arnt too important. just a nice sounding guitar. that has decent volume, and sounds good.

are pickups all standard in takie's or do the better ones have better ones?

edit: my dad has mentioned something about a G-series or something.
Why are you so hot on Taks when your in AU? What about Maton's? They blow taks away hands down. You can get a whole hell of a lot of Maton guitar for $2000AU.
we had a maton for ages.
phil emanual signature, in bright red. he was lending it to us, cause my dad is a good mate of him, but he took it back the other day, as he needs it for touring.

matons rip all over taks?

i think it has to do with my dad being mates with the owners of the guitar shop, and them being takie dealers. they probs talked him into it, but he sorta has his heart set.

i wantes a cole clark, to be honest.

new question:

takimine, maton or cole clark? or something new alltogether?

and which model?
Quote by djbsr
EF341SC, in my opinion. It's the one played by Bruce Springsteen and Jon Bon Jovi.
Is that the one that is black, has a sound hoel cover? If so, get it, plays amazing and Jon used, reason enough.
You haven't made it anywhere until they make an action figure of you.
I have heard excellent things about Cole Clark's. Doesn't Jack Johnson endorse them? I would really love to play one of them.

I'm going to give you the best advice anyone here can:

Step 1: Go to music store
Step 2: Try as many guitars that you can, even the ones around $600 or so. Just because you have $2000 doesnt mean you have to spend it all to get quality or a nice guitar. Many cheaper guitars can compare to high priced ones.

Don't let us tell you what WE like. You have to find one that suits you and your father by playing many many guitars.
I'd also love to try a cole clark. That Fat Lady 3 is one of the prettiest guitars i've ever seen.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.