whats the thing called to uncharge them?

like the thing with the resistors in and a crocodile clip on one end?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
i suppose you could call it a bleeder, but it's just a resistor.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
does it really matter? i mean you obviously already know how to make one. but yeah i would have said it was just called a resistor.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
If you put a high ohm resistor in between the input and output on your voltmeter and touch either side of the cap, you should see a drop in voltage until it reaches zero.
yeah i know that, but you get it as an actual tool i wanted to know the name, sorry if i wasnt clear
Quote by Deliriumbassist
no, you just let them drain. K?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by kurtlives91
^Thats exactly what you don't do.......K?

Why not?
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Cause they won't drain... they'll fry your ass.

I take electronics in school, and when we aren't licking 9V's, or lighting steel wool on fire, we poke kids with charged caps and make them shit themselves.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by oneblackened
no, you just let them drain. K?

that can take weeks
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by rancidryan
yeah i know that, but you get it as an actual tool i wanted to know the name, sorry if i wasnt clear

well why dodn't you just make one from a crocodile clip and a resistor from radio shack or something? A voltmeter would be good too. Otherwise you could just work out the time taken to discharge the capacitor by multiplying the capacitance by the voltage to work out the total charge on the capacitor then devide that by the current (which is the amount of charge flowing per second) which can be worked out by deviding the voltage by the resistance (IE the value of your resistor that you choose to use). But i'd reccomend the former if i were you since it's easier. A multimeter would be a good investment if you don't have one and you want to go into electronics.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Last edited by eddiehimself at Oct 1, 2008,
it was always fun to take a charged cap and tell someone "hey! catch!" and lightly lob it towards them and then watch the ensuing entertainment. that always seemed to work real good at discharging them.