Page 4 of 6
He is the perfect example of what a metal lyricist should be.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
Bald?
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Exactly.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
Quote by Riffmast

love that interview

Quote by Pete Helmkamp
Lea and I are both strong believers in the stay at home mother

Quote by severed-metal
These don't sound like very good ambitions when driving...Judas Priest makes people want to go 200 mph, and Realm of Chaos is now an album for ramming shit. You are dangerous, dangerous people.

last.fm
Indeed,only bald white guys are real! Apparently his book is pretty sweet, have'nt been able to find a copy though,it would be an interesting read though. Revenge quotes will have to do for now, "He who walks alone,always walks uphill,but beneath his feet are the broken bones of flawed men". one of the best lines in all of Metal.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

I've been loving this stuff lately. It ****ing destroys posers and tourists...

NP: Diocletian - Bullet Vomited
I'm digging the Ritual intro riff, Blasphemy worship is always a good time.
Quote by Steve08

Uhhh, finished my semester, quit my job, been going to a bunch of shows, new bands, good times, goatmask masturbation rituals, good times.Whats been going on around hear?

Today i realized if not for Lust's vocals, they would actually be an incredible band. Sometimes i can get past the vocals though.
Quote by Steve08

Love the masturbation part, never tried it yet. But aside from that, the forum's been dull....
Philosophy > Life
Welcome back man...have you heard Heresiarch's demo?? It will rip your spleen out.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
Haha hey man!, i was actually just gunna ask you for something new, i picked up that Lehiferous demo at a show we did with Antediluvian, it's fantastic!. I will check that demo out.
Quote by Steve08

Good stuff! Yeah its a killer demo. Internection put out the Heresiarch shirts, same guys who did the Gyibaaw and Lantern cds... and ssp released the tape in one of those digi box things.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Ok awesome, man do you any good demo's or releases that nwn may have stocked in at the moment that i may dig, new Kerasphorus is out and figured i'de pick up something unfamiliar as well(along with the Conqueror,Utumno and Demigod that is hehehe)
Quote by Steve08

Quote by Riffmast
Ok awesome, man do you any good demo's or releases that nwn may have stocked in at the moment that i may dig, new Kerasphorus is out and figured i'de pick up something unfamiliar as well(along with the Conqueror,Utumno and Demigod that is hehehe)

the new Morbosidad?
Quote by severed-metal
These don't sound like very good ambitions when driving...Judas Priest makes people want to go 200 mph, and Realm of Chaos is now an album for ramming shit. You are dangerous, dangerous people.

last.fm
hmm which one is that, they only have one of their older ep's, I do like Morbosidad, never really jumped out at me though.
Quote by Steve08

I'm so stoked,will probabaly be even better than Cloven Hooves, kind of wish they put it on a 7 inch since it's only 2 songs, but oh well.
Quote by Steve08

Quote by Riffmast
hmm which one is that, they only have one of their older ep's, I do like Morbosidad, never really jumped out at me though.

The Profana la Cruz album. I see you already made your order, though.
Quote by severed-metal

last.fm
Oh yeah, that album is fairly old is'nt it. I have'nt yet but i will most likely stick with what i have planned now, shit is gunna cost about 100 already i think.
Quote by Steve08

Quote by Riffmast
Oh yeah, that album is fairly old is'nt it. I have'nt yet but i will most likely stick with what i have planned now, shit is gunna cost about 100 already i think.

2008 is new in my book
Quote by severed-metal

last.fm
fair enough haha, i thought it was like 2011 new.
Quote by Steve08

I've listening to a lot of Infernal War Lately, and I read this review of their first full length release, on MA.... what do you think? I think I need to write a concise rebuttal in the from of a review...

The interbreeding between second wave black metal and a grindcore outfit has produced countless legions of artistically senseless bands. While canadian Blasphemy effectively used the visceral and primitive aspects of grindcore as an instrument to craft a vicious atmosphere, the vast majority of bands following this approach venerate warfare and imaginary battles between demonic hordes and Judeo-Christianity . The tremendous failure of the "war metal" crowd reveals the symptom that rather than being a creative aesthetical niche for black metal, the apparent ideological motives of the style are merely an excuse for sloppy and generic music to gain more acceptance.

Infernal War's Terrorfront is no exception. It hardly can be conceived as black metal, being stylistically governed by incessant blasting, double bass abuse, catchy rhythms with a pleasant vibe and a fast riffing style which has been better absorbed by dark epic death metal like Vital Remain's Forever Underground. Guitar tone is similar to the other worthless blackened grindcore groups like american Kult Ov Azazel. Vocals are sub par, just a bit harsh and very annoying at times. Most songs are close of having a traditional rock and roll structure, with climaxing choruses and repetition of key sentences.

The mockery against Christianity becomes a mockery against itself due to the level of ridicule portrayed in the lyrics. The "blasphemy" is composed by harmless and cartoonish "Hail Satan"-style opposition of Christianity and imbecile profanity. Instead of sounding hateful, the material is just laughable and denigrates even more the relevance of this group.

Infernal War can also be prized for its incoherence. Featuring members of polish NSBM act Thunderbolt, this project is allegedly free of political beliefs. However, quite a bit of subtle fascist themes are to be found in the lyrical department, including the silly "The Grand Intolerance Manifestation" and virulent anti-semitism exposed by the obsession of attacking the jewishness of Christ. But what is truly mind-boggling is the setup of song "Salvation"; having spent a big share of the album to promote arrogant and unrealistic personal glorification and conquest comes a song celebrating suicide(!).

Another shameful fact is that the album does bear its small share of interesting tunes such as one of the melodies in "Crush The Tribe Of Jesus Christ". However, without a complete re-imagination of concept and aesthetics of the music, that which is truly worthy musically won't have the possibility of growing.
- Stein, July 8th, 2006

I mean Infernal war are not the cream of the crop amongst black / death metal bands, but surely the authors dismissal of the whole war metal scene as un-innovative and pointless is not valid.
Last edited by The Necrotizer at May 16, 2011,
Yet another reviewer completely missing the point. Whats new. And Thunderbolt are a killer band! The fact that he needs to mention the political aspect of the lyrical content in a review shows his lack of experience reviewing albums.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Yep, cause Infernal War are War Metal, not worth the response honestly.
Quote by Steve08

Your probably right Riffmast....
I gotta stop letting petty stuff like this get me worked up, but it shits me when someone reviews an album and pays out the whole ****ing genre... ( drone reviews anyone?) If you don't like the genre, why the **** would you review the album? people reading reviews are most likely going to like or be familiar with the genre, so it just makes the author look like a pretentious twat.
He bags them for being war metal, than says war metal is shit and then lastly bags them for having a song on the album that is not atypical war metal....
And it focuses so much on lyrical themes and aesthetics, it's like he forgot it was music he was reviewing.
The thing is that beyond underground Metal allot of people think it's silly and just like their pop metal, it's just an opinion, an uninformed one at that. If you ever meet someone like that then it's worthwhile talking to them about music and tearing them a new asshole, but when it's just a review then it's not worth it, right your own review if you really want to though, nothing wrong with that.
Quote by Steve08

^ I checked the reviewer's MA profile, the bolded line made me feel a touch better:

Metal newbie

Brazil

Favourite metal genre(s):
Death Metal and Black Metal

Most of his reviews are rubbish.
Man, I keep forgetting to check Morbosidad, Whildchild rec'd em when I asked for Bullshit fast BM ! hahaha.
just get the split with Perversor and Profana la Cruz del Nazareno
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
My favorite Revenge album is Eat.Pray.Love
Quote by severed-metal

last.fm
Recommended threads
Black Witchery
masterofmuppets
Last post:
by MoogleRancha
Volahn
UntoExistence
Last post:
by The Wildchild