Page 1 of 2
This is a thread to vent all your weirdness and tell everyone your OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder - repetitive, unusual behaviours) and idiosyncrasies! From my experience, there are A LOT more people who suffer from OCD than I ever expected, so don't be shy, little one. Come out and talk!

I'll start. When I'm walking on tiled floors or paths, I MUST have an even number of steps on each tile/cement square. I constantly look down at my feet and try to estimate how many steps I can fit on one section of ground before it ends. It's exhausting!

Another one, I wash my hands probably about every half an hour or so. Even if I haven't done anything or touched anything dirty. I just do it.

When I'm lying in bed trying to sleep, sometimes I get bored and look at my digital alarm clock and try to find pictures in the numbers. This one's pretty unique as far as I know, but it's just what I do. For example, for 9:59 I see a person playing baseball. I'll try and attach an image of what I mean to explain it better.

Now yours!
The below is false.
The above is true.

*world implodes*
a lot of those are weird ts... but with me, I have to have even numbers or a five with anything, such a tv volume. I also will not step on cracks if I'm looking down, so tile floors are a nightmare. I also can't stand it when anything is twisted, (Except the pit...) so if I'm getting out of a car and the seatbelt is tweaked, I have to fix it. I even fixed one chick's bra strap in a restaurant once, kinda embarassing.
If you break a world speed record for a video game, are you a winner, or just someone who REALLY needs to go outside?

Quote by AdemaOnYourHead
My favorite Pokemon is still Dave Mustaine.
I have to be parrallel to one of the lines when I park my car. This is normally an easy one but sometimes, if the people either side of me have parked badly, it's impossible and so I have to go to a new park

There are heaps of others (I have a mild case of OCD due to something else) but that's the most commonly annoying one.

Oh, and if i'm sitting with my foot resting on my leg while i'm sitting on a chair, and the chair has armrests, I have to treat my food like a maze and follow the tread with the edge of the armrest

Quote by mcrocks
a lot of those are weird ts... but with me, I have to have even numbers or a five with anything, such a tv volume. I also will not step on cracks if I'm looking down, so tile floors are a nightmare. I also can't stand it when anything is twisted, (Except the pit...) so if I'm getting out of a car and the seatbelt is tweaked, I have to fix it. I even fixed one chick's bra strap in a restaurant once, kinda embarassing.

There's a place I go to get coffee whenever I go out. If I go out and into my home town I have to get coffee from that place. However, today, i walked in and ordered my coffee and some of the buns on display weren't piled correctly and I asked her to fix it because I almost flipped out
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
Last edited by Auals at Sep 30, 2008,
i get up more than once or twice after settling into bed to make sure i've turned all the electrics off. (i.e. there's a light on the plug sockets to tell that it's on). always the computer ones and my phone. it's not that bad.

I'll start. When I'm walking on tiled floors or paths, I MUST have an even number of steps on each tile/cement square. I constantly look down at my feet and try to estimate how many steps I can fit on one section of ground before it ends. It's exhausting!
QUOTE]

Same. it sucks and is annoying as hell but I have to do it.
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
Quote by mcrocks
but with me, I have to have even numbers or a five with anything, such a tv volume.
Oh that too! I do that heaps. I hate it when people turn the volume down/up on something and it lands on, say, 17. It infuriates me.

Another one of mine, if I pull a muscle or something in my arm/leg, I have to equal the feeling on the opposite arm/leg. So say a pull a muscle really bad in my left arm, I go insane until my right arm feels exactly the same.
The below is false.
The above is true.

*world implodes*
Quote by ctb
i get up more than once or twice after settling into bed to make sure i've turned all the electrics off. (i.e. there's a light on the plug sockets to tell that it's on). always the computer ones and my phone. it's not that bad.

I thought you were a mod?

What else? I keep thinking of new ones

I have to do a certain thing with the microphone (sing into it a cetain way) at least once during every song, it's ok because it's not that hard most of the time.

Quote by punkman_123

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
I do the symmetry thing too. Our computer desk is a weird shape, and I have to have the keyboard and monitor parallel to the edge of the desk even though it makes it really awkward to use.

Also, if I've been outside in thongs, even if it's just to the garage or something, I have to wash my feet.

I'm not sure if this is OCD or what, but I use correct punctuation/grammar in EVERY context. When I post something and see that it has a typo and I can't edit it, I feel like killing myself.
The below is false.
The above is true.

*world implodes*
i do the even numbers on the stereo one... especially annoying as by default it's on 9 on my car stereo so i have to change that (uaully to 10 cos the louder the better with rock music lol) before i do anything.
and also similair to punkman_123 if i itch one arm or leg or ear or whatever i have to do the same to the other. =[
Can you see what I mean with the time picture thing by the way?

The first 9's his basball cap; the colon's his eyes; the 5's his left arm holding the baseball bat; the second 9's his legs and foot.
The below is false.
The above is true.

*world implodes*
in have to have an even number of pillows before i get to sleep or they have to be the same height or thickness..... :S
Quote by punkman_123
I'm not sure if this is OCD or what, but I use correct punctuation/grammar in EVERY context. When I post something and see that it has a typo and I can't edit it, I feel like killing myself.

Yeah, I do that too.
I can only sleep in one position, one arm extended straight out and under the pillow, so it's awkward if there's no space at the head of the bed.
If you break a world speed record for a video game, are you a winner, or just someone who REALLY needs to go outside?

Quote by AdemaOnYourHead
My favorite Pokemon is still Dave Mustaine.
i have to have my pillow exactly centred in the bed
I sat next to a nun on the bus once, she said hi

Twitter: @Pikey_P - wise words right there.
Quote by mcrocks
I can only sleep in one position, one arm extended straight out and under the pillow, so it's awkward if there's no space at the head of the bed.
I sleep with one arm under my pillow, and my other arm holding half the pillow wrapped around my head, to block my ears and most of my eyes. I can't sleep with any sound or light. In fact, most of the time I put my alarm clock in a beanie because the numbers are too bright for me to be able to sleep.
The below is false.
The above is true.

*world implodes*
same thing with me and the number five. It used to be worse, like I had to make all the rooms/windows/doors/certain surfaces in the house/room add up a number divisible by five.

Also I can't check my balance when I get money out of an ATM, I can't look at the receipt. Instead I have to call a number on my phone which makes the band send me a text with my balance (but even that is difficult for me).

Also I feel compelled to fix things all the time, especially electric stuff like lights.
Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane
its good to know that I'm not the only one who is messed up though.

thanks guys,
Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane
Quote by mrjimborinsane
same thing with me and the number five. It used to be worse, like I had to make all the rooms/windows/doors/certain surfaces in the house/room add up a number divisible by five.
Holy crap screw that haha.
The below is false.
The above is true.

*world implodes*
I do one strange thing, I'll try to explain it. When I'm in a car driving when the car reaches any pole or sign or something of the like, I have to like.. Imagine the car is jumping over the pole thats on the side of the road. Probably makes no sense haha, but I've always done it, it's really quite tiring and annoying.
HI
Quote by StratPat
I do one strange thing, I'll try to explain it. When I'm in a car driving when the car reaches any pole or sign or something of the like, I have to like.. Imagine the car is jumping over the pole thats on the side of the road. Probably makes no sense haha, but I've always done it, it's really quite tiring and annoying.

Woah, like, imagining it jumps over the shadows? If so, then I do that too...

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Woah, like, imagining it jumps over the shadows? If so, then I do that too...

Haha yeah but even if there isn't shadows I like, imagine the poles extend across the whole road so I have to jump over them..
HI
Yet another one of mine... :S

When I'm writing and my pen starts to run out, I use it till it stops completely and then grab a new pen. But then I have to go over everything I wrote in the old pen again because it's slightly paler than the new pen. Sucks in exams when I only have 40 minutes to write a 5 page essay.
The below is false.
The above is true.

*world implodes*
Quote by StratPat
Haha yeah but even if there isn't shadows I like, imagine the poles extend across the whole road so I have to jump over them..

Man! I always thought I was wierd because I did that, at least there's at least two of us then

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I can't go out the house without making sure that my bedroom door is locked and that all the electrical appliances in the house are turned off. This I have to do twice or three times before I am happy.
When I was smaller if I was going to stop reading my book I had to stop reading at the 100, 25, 50, or 75 page. Or the chapter after a huge event. I would quite commonly fall asleep reading my book because I couldn't reach one of those stopping points before falling asleep.

Nowadays, I just remember where I am, I don't even bother looking at the page number anymore.

You guys make me feel weird now because I don't really have any OCD tendencies at all.
I forgot another one, I can't ring people. Or answer the phone all the time. But that's an anxiety thing.

Quote by punkman_123

Quote by ZanasCross
The below is false.
The above is true.

*world implodes*
Quote by punkman_123

I know

I'm so messed up my therapist thinks i'm exaggerating it which could mean I have hypochondria which means i'm not exaggerating at all and then he'll be wrong but if he's wrong then I don't have hypochondria because I'll only be saying it to prove he's wrong in which case he's right...

paradox :'(

Quote by DaveM666
I have to capitalise the first letter of every word in the band name and song title when I download music

I do that one too. I also do it in games, Characters names must have a capital letter, if the game doesn't allow for it i'm pissed off. My brother never capitalises the first name of his characters, it shits me to tears. And in games where I need to name certain things, the only words that arne't capitalised are the insignificant ones (and, of, or)

Quote by punkman_123

Quote by ZanasCross
Last edited by Auals at Sep 30, 2008,
Quote by Auals
I'm so messed up my therapist thinks i'm exaggerating it which could mean I have hypochondria which means i'm not exaggerating at all and then he'll be wrong but if he's wrong then I don't have hypochondria because I'll only be saying it to prove he's wrong in which case he's right...

Sigged.
The below is false.
The above is true.

*world implodes*
Quote by punkman_123
Sigged.

I'm not sure if that's a compliment...

Quote by punkman_123

Quote by ZanasCross
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Man! I always thought I was wierd because I did that, at least there's at least two of us then

I never step on pole's shadow, I always step over it

I don't like stepping on cracks in pavements, and there must be no semen left on a 6 year old girl's back when I'm done with her.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by Auals
I know

paradox :'(

*head asplodes*

That was the greatest thing I've read all day. I'd sig it but someone's already called it.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I never step on pole's shadow, I always step over it

I don't like stepping on cracks in pavements, and there must be no semen left on a 6 year old girl's back when I'm done with her.

hahahahahahaha, it's people like you who make me visit the pit. Your "Full Engrish Breakfast" idea cracked me up too.

Quote by Archaon
*head asplodes*

That was the greatest thing I've read all day. I'd sig it but someone's already called it.

I'm glad my issues amuse you.

Quote by punkman_123

Quote by ZanasCross
I have far too many to describe here so I'll just mention one.

I give words numbers according to how many parts they have visually.

A=2: The A itself and the little triangle inside.
B=3: The B itself and the two 'D-shapes' inside.
C=1: The C itself only.
Etc, etc...

Therefore, "Ultimate Guitar" would be: 11, 8.

Car number plates are something I do this with a LOT.

Weird? Yes.
It's just something I've done since I was in my early teens.
Quote by Auals
hahahahahahaha, it's people like you who make me visit the pit. Your "Full Engrish Breakfast" idea cracked me up too.

I'm glad my issues amuse you.

I was being serious
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by Archaon
It turns out it's way over the 250 character limit.

Such a damn shame.
The below is false.
The above is true.

*world implodes*
Page 1 of 2