Can anyone give me an idea for a song to play on my eletric guitar for my G.C.S.E's in music? I was gonna play Iron man but i thing it's a bit too simple.
How about asking your music teacher what other people have played?

And do your own damn thinking?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Under The Bridge - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
little wing - jimi hendrix
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
i played Turning japanese the incubus version, got nearly full marks
Quote by metal Lover
The thought of you humping her limp body is hilarious.

The zephyer song _red hot chilli peppers thats what i did and get top notch
Quote by upchuck51
The zephyer song _red hot chilli peppers thats what i did and get top notch

Bet the English didn't go so well though, eh?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by PerroGrande
You know Little Wing isn't by Jimi, right?
Erm, yes it was...

Edit: I did Purple Haze and got pretty good marks for it.
Quote by Dæmönika
Quote by italynlprkn
yo tambien
What the hell's a tambien?
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
its like basic math. 1 + -1 = 1
Last edited by wannabe jesus at Sep 30, 2008,
there is no such thing as "too easy" at gcse- enjoy being able to get by by doing no work whilst you can!
Simple is good! Trust me I did raining blood and botched some of it and got a C, whereas my friend did Seven nation army and got a B for it, and it was that that got me a D mark as I could of done better on the written paper.
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
Quote by PerroGrande
You know Little Wing isn't by Jimi, right?

oh dear

as someone said, under the bridge with improv in the verse
Quote by metacarpi
Bet the English didn't go so well though, eh?

Are you just watching this thread and trying to be a prat whenever possible?

He's just looking for suggestions, and the other guy is just giving one. I haven't seen you being even nearly as helpful.

Is your performance gonna be ensemble or solo? What I would do is just pick a song that pushes your skill to its maximum, but you are still comfortable playing. If possible, find a piece that is grade 5 standard (if you don't know, play it to your teacher and they will probably have a rough idea), as that will maximise your proficiency mark. There's no need to do anything more difficult than grade 5 though, as you don't get any marks for it.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
something (the song) by the beatles is a good bet if they are judging in terms of chords.

Also Duncang I'm not sure if you even need to go to grade 5. In the scottish system, standard grade (GCSE equivalent) is just grade 3. (Here come the jokes about Scots being stupid...)
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
Quote by leeb rocks

Also Duncang I'm not sure if you even need to go to grade 5. In the scottish system, standard grade (GCSE equivalent) is just grade 3. (Here come the jokes about Scots being stupid...)

You don't need to, no, but when I did it the performance was marked out of 15. 5 for the difficulty (one mark for grade 1, two for grade 2, etc) and then the other 10 were for fluency and everything else. So if you can do grade 5 comfortably, I'd do it. If it's a stretch then just do something easier, because your marks for everything else will probably be better.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
I did Through the Never by Metallica and got full marks.

Just play something you know you can do perfectly 10 times out of 10.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Just buy a grade 5 Rock School book and bash out a couple of pieces from it. Simple.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Quote by Adamtbh
as someone said, under the bridge with improv in the verse

the song is quite easy though, even with slight improvs in the verse.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by duncang
Are you just watching this thread and trying to be a prat whenever possible?

He's just looking for suggestions, and the other guy is just giving one. I haven't seen you being even nearly as helpful.

Is your performance gonna be ensemble or solo? What I would do is just pick a song that pushes your skill to its maximum, but you are still comfortable playing. If possible, find a piece that is grade 5 standard (if you don't know, play it to your teacher and they will probably have a rough idea), as that will maximise your proficiency mark. There's no need to do anything more difficult than grade 5 though, as you don't get any marks for it.

I'm doing a solo.
Depends on your playing ability. For my HSC music (final test in high school) I did Trivium, Dream Theater and Petrucci pieces.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.