I hate Mat Sweet (the man behind Boduf Songs)! Seriously, how does he do it? He's too God damn good.

His third album came out the other week, again on Kranky, and it's another fantastic piece of music. Haven't listened to anything else over the past three or four days.
The self-titled came as a bit of a surprise find at the end of '05, 'the lion devours the sun' somehow lived up to the standard of the first and the latest ('how shadows chase the balance') has little deviations on style (like the banjo - it sounds like one at least - on 'things not to be done on the sabbath' and the electronic drums on 'quiet when group') but it has helped him sound fresh once again.

There is one thing about the album that makes him seem a mere mortal, the front cover is shit, and I don't mean just a little slip from greatness, I mean utter shit.

Anyway, trying to find some links....

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ghostmoustache - 3 videos
http://ravensingstheblues.blogspot.com/2008/09/boduf-songs.html - couple of mp3s

Go forth and check it out!
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
always liked what i heard, might check this out properly seems as i dont actually own anything conrete by him so far.
I've been wanting to check How Shadows Chase the Balance since it came out, but no time+ no money have delayed that. I've heard it's quite good
It's a really good album, would highly recommend it if you've liked his last couple of releases. Worth searching around for prices though, it's cheaper to import it direct from Kranky than to buy it from Southern Records and nearly all other UK based shops for some ridiculous reason.

News on the 7" has suddenly gone quiet again, hopefully hear some more about that soon (fingers crossed).
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic