hey guys, a quick question - I'm looking for an acoustic-electric, something quality. Only thing I'm thinking of is gigging though... what would be the most expensive guitar you guys would gig with?
Hmm... never thought of that... I was thinking something in the $1000-$1500 range, I don't know if I'd get insurance for that - until the first time a drunk projects vomit my way that is
As expensive as you can afford? I've borrowed a $3000 martin DC-aura before. My house insurance actually covers my guitar as well, haha.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
yup my renters insurance covers my tools in my van as well as my guitars hope i never have to use it though.
Well I play a $1500 Larrivee Acoustic and a $3800 Gibson ES 335 on gigs. They're both insured every which way from sunday too.

Anyway, check out a Larrivee they've got some stuff in the 1000-1500 range, and they sound and play just as good as any $2000+ Martin or Taylor.
sweet guys, this is good to hear. At least I can get one without having to worry about it, I had no idea you could insure them for a decent price... *goin shopping this weekend*
on a side note, how exactly does insurance for a guitar work?
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Orange PPC212 w/ Celestion V30 and Celestion G12-75