Hi its me again. Ive been opening a lot of threads about gt 8 amps lately sorry for that but i decided to buy a epiphone valve junior to use with my gt8 at first but then i thought it would be too expensive. Can you recommend me some real cheap amp no more than 15 watts that goes well with a gt8? im not gigging just using it at home at low volumes. thanks.
Also if im using it with a cheap amp that means i should disable the amps preamp cos it sucks right? people tell me which amps can do it.
Anything can. Just go buy an amp. It doesn't matter.
*Unless its a modeling amp. (Marshall MG, Line 6 Spider)
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
Anything can. Just go buy an amp. It doesn't matter.
*Unless its a modeling amp. (Marshall MG, Line 6 Spider)

yeah, for $100 it really isn't. Do yourself a favor and go used.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Sold it. I was going to buy a epiphone valve junior but im not sure now...and also micro cube was pushed too hard at high gain models of gt8. will it happen with every ss?
Quote by forsaknazrael
Why can't you use your current amp? It's....a Microcube, right? Turn it to the microphone setting.

Probably best answer. Don't throw away $100.

edit: ah sold it already. unfortunate. seriously the VJ combo is your best bet. Another cheap SS isn't the answer.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD
I have enough money for a epiphone valve junior but dont really want to spend that much cos i am also saving up for a new guitar. but if epiphone is my best choice i will buy it...but there has to be a really big difference between epiphone and ss amp if im going to buy epiphone. sorry for bad english:P
well there's a huge difference, one is going to be an ok tube amp, the other will most likely be some shitty ss amp.
Is there no where near you that you can try one? This is just my opinion and it's based on the POD, but the Xt Live and the GT 8 were pretty close when I tried them both.

Your basically building a hybrid amp that in my opinion is better then every SS amp i've plugged into under $400 and better still then the the SS amps passing as hybrids. Your GT 8 is better then any preamp your going to find in the lower cost modelers. I haven't tried the crate V18 which maybe an option for you, but i have tried the royal 8, the blackheart, and the champ 600. i like the Vj alot better. If this is just for bedroom practice you won't have any problems. The only real question is if you ever gig will you have the volume you need. If that isn't a problem the GT 8 and Vj will keep you busy for years. I'll never buy another amp just for practice.

"The VJ isn't a good idea if u play metal....IMO." with amp modeling it sure is.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by forsaknazrael
^With the low headroom it has? I don't think so.

You should try it. mesa boogie model, brit 800 model etc, i can get great metal tones all at volumes that don't get the cops to my house. Metalica, Iron Maiden, Dokken, Joan jett, just to name a few. I've had the POD for over a year and the Vj for about 9 months so the honeymoon is pretty much over and I'm more satisfied now with this equipment then when i bought it and that's the way it should be.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD
Hmm i mostly play metal but if i can play it with the micro cube sure evj shouldnt be much problem should it? By the way im going to get the combo version...
That looks nice but i live in turkey and i can hardly find even the epiphone. there are mostly ss amp here so i dont think i will be able to find it=)....