the stock strings on my areodyne jazz played perfectly and i loved them feel and everything apart a bit sharp compared to others, a warn feeling as well
Im my locals music shop he reconmends to use super slinkly strings E 95s and I put on the a and e string on the bass ,and now its unplayble too tinny and clangy and shit.
I then put on the old stock strings and it plays nothing like before. and now i don't know what to do.
no

its suppost 2 do that wen u put new strings on
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Buy new strings, I'd reccomend Roto Swing 66's.
And then have a setup

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
put on the new strings, play them for a little while and they should become more mellow. new strings always sound more twangy and metallic, sometimes to a harsh degree.
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
New strings always sound tinny and feel like they're gonna tear your fingertips off.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
I for one love the clackyness of new strings, but thats just it, everyone has different opinions. some bassists never change their strings cos they like the tone.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
What kind of sound are you going for? You could try flatwounds if you like a bassy, mellow sound.
Quote by ele1122
What kind of sound are you going for? You could try flatwounds if you like a bassy, mellow sound.

this sounds right. you would adore a good pair of flats I bet. sound like dead strings, feel very smooth.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Did you by chance go to a lighter gauge? If so, you need to do a basic setup. Read the FAQ for Delirium's instructions. If they don't make sense, take it to the shop and have them do it for you and show you how its done for future reference.
Anarkee, I liked the old profile pic better...I never pictured you as a witch!