Page 1 of 6
Go on. Try me .

You have one week to show that you can keep things civil.

If it goes the same way as the last one, It'll be gone forever.

Sounds fair enough, right?
Terms and Conditions apply.
I've been going through a bit of a non-fiction phase. The Stratocaster Chronicles proved to be a cool read. Plus it's got some great pictures in there .
I'm working my way through Crime and Punishment at the moment. It's a lot more readable than I thought it was going to be - I guess I made the assumption that Russian Literature would be needlessly verbose, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it thus far

How about you?

Quote by frankv
Edit: By "If it goes the same way as the last one" you meant the pointless arguing and the e-sex right? Just making sure.

Yes. That.

And if certain users make a re-appearance in here, I'd like to know about it.
Quote by frankv
Home sweet home.

So, anyone read any good books recently? >_>

Edit: By "If it goes the same way as the last one" you meant the pointless arguing and the e-sex right? Just making sure.

I've been reading the Dune books again. Just finishing up Chapterhouse right now. After that I've got some Star Wars books to read. Other than that, just textbooks XD
Quote by frankv
I'm halfway through Huckleberry Finn (which we are reading for English), quite interesting stuff.

Never read it - any good?

Edit:

What if they're acting normally like the rest of us?

No. I expect the report function to be used appropriately if any of the conduct we previously experienced happens again.
Quote by cagnius
Never read it - any good?

Well, we've been discussing the chapters in a lot of detail and watched a documentary on it. Knowing more about the writer's intention and deeper meanings has made it a lot more interesting for me, but I'm sure it'd be a pretty good read without all that (and a lot less hassle as a bonus). The use of dialect and incorrect spelling/grammar are quite refreshing too.
I'm reading Black Boy by Richard Wright, it's pretty good, but ****ed up.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Quote by wiggyisgreat
I love you Cag

edit: oops ^

So... how is everyone? It's been so long

I've got Fresher's flu.

But i have a free day tomorrow.

And i haven't read any books in ages.
It's gonna be a blue day
Last edited by perry589 at Sep 30, 2008,
I'm pretty good going to Raconteurs tonight so that's gonna be cool.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

Quote by frankv
So, anyone read any good books recently? >_>.

I got finished reading Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance a week ago and it was really good. I'd really recommend it for anyone as an introduction to philosophy, although it has a cool storyline too.

Right now I'm reading a book of Mark Twain's short stories. It's good to see you're reading Huck Finn; I'm a bit of a Twain fanboy.
Quote by cagnius
I'm working my way through Crime and Punishment at the moment. It's a lot more readable than I thought it was going to be - I guess I made the assumption that Russian Literature would be needlessly verbose, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it thus far

Oooh! I read that a few months ago. I'm a big fan of Russian literature, although I did have some qualms with that book. Good overall, though. I was fascinated by Raskolnikov's transgression theory, I don't know if you're that far along yet though so I won't elaborate.

If you do find yourself enjoying Russian lit. though, check out The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov. It's not as philosophical as Dostoevsky, although its main theme is religion, but it is one of the most unique stories I've ever read: it's about the devil coming to the Soviet Union.
Quote by frankv
Get well soon, eh?

Wish I had a free day tomorrow. Got a due physics experiment result paper thingy to hand in and a literary test for German.

Stalling time on UG for the win.

Thanks. Will do hopefully. Been taking this cough syrup type stuff all the time.
Ouch, on the literary test for German. Good luck.
It's gonna be a blue day
So tomorrow I'm seeing the best band of all time, In Flames, and I'm gonna be talking to them for at least an hour.

All day tomorrow before I leave will be the longest day of my life.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by frankv
Thanks, and wouldn't you agree that coughing syrup tastes great? At least, I've always thought so.

Yeah. Love the taste of some. WHen i was younger, i loved Calpol.

Ok. It's not quite a syrup, but it's great.
It's gonna be a blue day
Quote by duncang
So tomorrow I'm seeing the best band of all time, In Flames, and I'm gonna be talking to them for at least an hour.

All day tomorrow before I leave will be the longest day of my life.

Have a good time Who's supporting? I'm seeing Sigur Ros quite soon and a couple of other lower key bands.

edit: Wow I loved calpol... I might buy some now, can you overdose on it?
Quote by wiggyisgreat
Have a good time Who's supporting? I'm seeing Sigur Ros quite soon and a couple of other lower key bands.

edit: Wow I loved calpol... I might buy some now, can you overdose on it?

Gojira and Sonic Syndicate are supporting. Sonic Syndicate suck balls, but Gojira are one of the best live acts I've seen.
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
Quote by duncang

How come?
Quote by frankv
If you did overdose, that would be pretty rock 'n' roll. Much cooler than Jimi and his sleeping pills.

It would, I reckon it would make the news.

Beer sandwich and football tonight I'm incredibly tired and deserve some relaxing time... I don't even like football that much
Quote by blue_strat
How come?

www.jesterhead.com

'Cause of this beautiful site.
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
Quote by wiggyisgreat
It would, I reckon it would make the news.

Beer sandwich and football tonight I'm incredibly tired and deserve some relaxing time... I don't even like football that much

Watching some metrosexuals kicking a piece of leather around a field and faking injuries really doesn't appeal to me. If I got paid half as much money as they did I would happily have both of my legs broken and carry on playing.

/rant

Hot Chocolate and DAVE is all I need .
Quote by hazzmatazz
Watching some metrosexuals kicking a piece of leather around a field and faking injuries really doesn't appeal to me. If I got paid half as much money as they did I would happily have both of my legs broken and carry on playing.

/rant

Hot Chocolate and DAVE is all I need .

Ye pansy
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
Quote by frankv
Pretty much the same. I'm still a semi-UG addict, still a virgin, still in high school, still without a band, still enjoying playing guitar, still listening to more or less the same music.

I'm not really a UG addict any more but it's still enjoyable everynow and them. I am still a virgin, however but proud. Still in high school, but with a band too; meaning I still enjoy the guitar a lot. Listening to a lot of different music too. S'all good!
Anybody pay attention to American college football other than me?
Sitting on the edge of nowhere.
Watch Out or Ill Steal Your Girlfriend... or Wife.
Roll Tide
Quote by frankv
Strange, I was expecting a lot more posts in this thread. More like a tsunami of posts.

Listening to Sonic Youth's Rather Ripped album right now. Pink Steam is one sexy song.

I love Sugar Kane off that album.

Quote by denizenz

Quote by redh0tchilip3pp
I'm not really a UG addict any more but it's still enjoyable everynow and them. I am still a virgin. Still in high school, but with a band too; meaning I still enjoy the guitar a lot. Listening to a lot of different music too. S'all good!

Me.
Anybody who can and is willing to help me with induction (algebra), PM me and we'll see if we get some time sorted out. I need a little extra tutoring/help before my midterm exam next week. Thank you.

This is it George. I'm done. ¬_¬
Quote by frankv
Strange, I was expecting a lot more posts in this thread. More like a tsunami of posts.

Listening to Sonic Youth's Rather Ripped album right now. Pink Steam is one sexy song.

I think less posts is probably a good thing.

And I'm just the same old me ^