this must be new, but has anyone had any experience with the crate v-series head?

i might go to GC to check it out today, the concept of it sounds yummy (for the $)
It's all about feel
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Ever hear of this thing called a "search bar"!??

Try using it next time.

thanks for the constructive response

obviously you have never used it..
It's all about feel
Quote by hopespaul
thanks for the constructive response

obviously you have never used it..

I don't post threads so I really don't have any use for the search bar.

However, you are the one who has obviously never used it because there is at least one thread about the V Series every single day.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
I don't post threads so I really don't have any use for the search bar.

However, you are the one who has obviously never used it because there is at least one thread about the V Series every single day.

Make that 6. This reeks of troll.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
well it's insulting that you suggest i didn't search the forums prior to posting this thread. every thread on the v33 that i found was 16 yr old kids talking about how they're gonna get it for christmas or if they can pair it with their cab and ask if the ohms will match up.

i was expecting a response from maybe someone who can actually give some experience with the amp instead of saying it sounds ****ing awesome or it's a great value. obviously there hasn't been enough research done about this product because i wasn't able to locate a product review in the review section for the v33 head, so i thought maybe someone will stop being lazy and point me to the search bar and instead give me a decent response.

shame shame
It's all about feel
Quote by hopespaul
well it's insulting that you suggest i didn't search the forums prior to posting this thread. every thread on the v33 that i found was 16 yr old kids talking about how they're gonna get it for christmas or if they can pair it with their cab and ask if the ohms will match up.

i was expecting a response from maybe someone who can actually give some experience with the amp instead of saying it sounds ****ing awesome or it's a great value. obviously there hasn't been enough research done about this product because i wasn't able to locate a product review in the review section for the v33 head, so i thought maybe someone will stop being lazy and point me to the search bar and instead give me a decent response.

shame shame

No. The real shame is that you aren't looking hard enough, and you want to blame that on us. We aren't being lazy, we're tired of responding to the same shit every day. I've posted in a ton of V-Series threads. I know there are some with the information you seek. It's redundant for me to give you the same answer I've given 50 other people.
In short, you're being lazy, not us. Don't try to spin that animal on its head, it won't work.

Don't judge me.
make a sticky?

ehh.. these forums are going downhill.... you veterans are becoming angry..

p.s. it would have been easier for you just to tell me what you though of the amp
It's all about feel
Look, the world does not revolve around you. There can't be a sticky for every popular amp. People are getting rightly angry at stupid questions. And it would have been easiest for you just to find out on your own.

But, for the sake of compliance: It's a solid blues/rock amp, especially for the price. It won't do metal. The tone is pretty good, but there's better. A good OD will tighten things up nicely.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
And it would have been easiest for you just to find out on your own.

But, for the sake of compliance: It's a solid blues/rock amp, especially for the price. It won't do metal. The tone is pretty good, but there's better. A good OD will tighten things up nicely.

but what's the point of forums then? ... rhetorical question

well, that's exactly what i found in the search, i assumed maybe something less superficial? i could have told you that same thing by looking at the amp. but i was thinking about pairing it with a nice fat digital multi-effects pedalboard, so i can't decide if i should stick to my SS H&K or switch to tube. the SS tone is too thin for the style i'm playing now, but i'm afraid the tube sound might be a little too harsh with all the digital effects slapped on there. so ultimate question with (not so) obvious answer : (cheap) tube or SS
It's all about feel
oh, and i'd be running a BBE maximizer through that mofo also, which brings blue voodoo clean channel to life.
It's all about feel
My shop down the street has a bunch of the V-series

I thought they sounded great for the price
Quote by hopespaul
make a sticky?

ehh.. these forums are going downhill.... you veterans are becoming angry..

p.s. it would have been easier for you just to tell me what you though of the amp

Had you made a more comprehensive OP, it would have been a nicer thread experience.

As far as the V33H- I own it. It sounds great, but I need more time with it for a comprehensive review. It's very similar tone wise to a Vox AC30. It's a bit dark, heaps of mids, and has a nice bark.

The Clean channel breaks up early, so I'm planning on putting a 12AT7 in there somewhere.
Internetz is serious business.
Quote by CrazyDavey
I guarantee that no guy in here would say no if they were offered the chance to have sex with her. This being The Pit... horny virgins galore :]
Quote by hopespaul
but what's the point of forums then? ... rhetorical question

well, that's exactly what i found in the search, i assumed maybe something less superficial? i could have told you that same thing by looking at the amp. but i was thinking about pairing it with a nice fat digital multi-effects pedalboard, so i can't decide if i should stick to my SS H&K or switch to tube. the SS tone is too thin for the style i'm playing now, but i'm afraid the tube sound might be a little too harsh with all the digital effects slapped on there. so ultimate question with (not so) obvious answer : (cheap) tube or SS

why would you use a digital MFX board.

EDIT: and you have a crate blue voodoo and a 5150...

WHY THE HELL DO YOU WANT A CRATE V SERIES?!?!?!
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by danyellenik
why would you use a digital MFX board.

EDIT: and you have a crate blue voodoo and a 5150...

WHY THE HELL DO YOU WANT A CRATE V SERIES?!?!?!

i'm doing something new (tone-wise).. the BV could do the job but it's kinda too big and straight forward, and the other guitarist in the project is using a BV, so too much tone clash.. 5150 is a bad fit; metal is just for fun now.

so i couldn't find anything V series at my local GC but i played a mesa road king and actually my SS H&K sounded better (obviously if i messed with the RK for a couple days it would be killer but $1999 vs $199) i'm pretty satisfied with it and from the reviews it seems like the V is cheap chinese crap if BV blows it away. hmmm i need a switchblade
It's all about feel
oh and for the digital MFX.. i just really need delay and maybe nicer distortion than factory; but all fingers point to switchblade... mmmmmm.....
It's all about feel
Dude, If you get the V series, get a nice OD and a MXR Carbon Copy or sommat.

It has a loop, so that'll work out fine.

Also, it sounds so much better when it's not being played through the V series cabs/speakers.
Quote by imgooley

Also, it sounds so much better when it's not being played through the V series cabs/speakers.

yeah most likely. crate isn't exactly known for making good cabinets. they just make crates and attach celestions to it

i have no idea what would sound good with it... mesa 2x12?
It's all about feel
I actually like the Palomino series cabs. They're very solid and sound very good.

I've only heard them (the crates) through stock speakers and celestion 70's, and I think the 70's are a very good match.

Once I run it through some different cabs, though I'll get a better feel for what it can do.