Page 1 of 2
Okay, I'm gonna try and make this as short and sweet as possible:

For about a few months now, my mood as been running around in circles. One day I will be as happy as can be for no reason what so ever (some times ecstatic, doing things I wouldn't normally do) and the next 3 or 4 days I will be really really depressed for no reason what so ever and then the cycle repeats itself. Sometimes it won't even be days, maybe a few hours of sadness and ONE big happy hour. Its very random.

I really don't see what I have to be so depressed about. My life is pretty normal (live with both parents, average student, easy job), and this has been really affecting my personal life badly. All my friends don't really talk to me anymore because they probably think I'm crazy, and sometimes I'll just snap at people for no reason. I want to see I doctor but I don't want to waste the money or the time and don't want my parents thinking they have a crazy son.

Anyways, I don't know what it is. Maybe manic depression? Please help me pit, I'm so confused. I know your all probably sick of these threads but this is really the only place I can talk about it right now.
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
the Pit is your free doctor
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

chemical imbalances in the brain. and go see a doctor if you're worried
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
bipolar disorder? What thedudemeister said too.
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
That doesn't sound like manic depression (aka Bipolar Disorder). Bipolar Disorder doesn't tend to have changes as rapidly as what you're describing. It could be Cyclothymia, which has much faster, albeit less severe, mood cycles than both types of Bipolar Disorder.
I'd encourage you to research it on your own, though, as this thread will be closed before it's much help. Just look up Bipolar and related mood disorders and try to get an idea which ones you should bring up when you see a doctor, which you'll inevitably have to do if it's bothering you that much.

EDIT: Also, don't worry about your parents thinking you're crazy. If you show signs of a mood disorder like Cyclothymia or Bipolar, it's most likely something that runs in your family. Even if it's not, I'm sure they'll only want what's best for you.
Last edited by madbasslover at Sep 30, 2008,
It's called manic depression. Or it is more commonly labeled as bi-polar nowadays.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by madbasslover
That doesn't sound like manic depression (aka Bipolar Disorder). Bipolar Disorder doesn't tend to have changes as rapidly as what you're describing. It could be Cyclothymia, which has much faster, albeit less severe, mood cycles than both types of Bipolar Disorder.
I'd encourage you to research it on your own, though, as this thread will be closed before it's much help. Just look up Bipolar and related mood disorders and try to get an idea which ones you should bring up when you see a doctor, which you'll inevitably have to do if it's bothering you that much.

I guess I should, I was just wondering though if anyone here has went through this before. I didn't know if it was something as simple as puberty or something complicated. Thanks though.
We all know you're really hoping it's manic depression. It's not. Most likely you have a hormone imbalance brought on by not eating correctly, bad sleeping patterns or stress. Bipolar disorder doesn't happen at such a rapid pace (hours is just ridiculous). When you're 'really really depressed' do you try to kill yourself? Do you genuinely think it's impossible you'll be happy again? Whatever it is, it's not manic depression. Go see a damn doctor if you're that worried, but in all likelihood it's a hormone or chemical imbalance.

EDIT:
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
It may just be that time of month again.

There we go
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Hypochondria.

It's almost certainly not bipolar.

Dinky's post is totally right.
Quote by metaldud536
Ok then. Give him some service.

Ok.
Eat more chocolate
It really helps
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Quote by Dinkydaisy
We all know you're really hoping it's manic depression. It's not. Most likely you have a hormone imbalance brought on by not eating correctly, bad sleeping patterns or stress. Bipolar disorder doesn't happen at such a rapid pace (hours is just ridiculous). When you're 'really really depressed' do you try to kill yourself? Do you genuinely think it's impossible you'll be happy again? Whatever it is, it's not manic depression. Go see a damn doctor if you're that worried, but in all likelihood it's a hormone or chemical imbalance.

Actually, that's the last thing I would want right now, but thanks anyway.

Quote by Toast1337
Ok.
Eat more chocolate
It really helps

Endorphins FTW

Quote by Random88
How old are you?

Guys, Bi-Polar II IS known to have rapid mood swings, and carries the symptoms he has. I wouldn't rule out a chemical imbalance either, but Bi-Polar II deff fits the bill as well
Unpleasant.
Quote by Jimmy94

"I like dark jazz like OPETH"
"you should listen to BETWEEN THE BURIED IN ME"
"that is not real jazz"
"LOL R U KIDDING ME HNNNNGGGG"
Quote by Phoenix-Kun
Guys, Bi-Polar II IS known to have rapid mood swings, and carries the symptoms he has. I wouldn't rule out a chemical imbalance either, but Bi-Polar II deff fits the bill as well
No. It's still not over hours. It doesn't fit.
Quote by heavenbesideyou

Seriously... you're a teenager, this kinda stuff happens

wait until your body stops having more chemicals in it then Robert Downy Jr. before thinking its serious
Quote by Phoenix-Kun

Neither type of Bipolar shifts as rapidly as what's being described here. That's why I'm suggesting that the TS looks linto Cyclothymia. The shifts are much faster than both types of BD.

Also, mood disorders begin to appear in the late teens and early twenties, so those of you telling the TS it's just hormones need to do a little research of your own.

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, there's a very important question that we all forgot to ask first. TS, do you feel like the mood swings interfere with your ability to function in everyday life?
Last edited by madbasslover at Sep 30, 2008,
Quote by madbasslover
Also, mood disorders begin to appear in the late teens and early twenties, so those of you telling the TS it's just hormones need to do a little research of your own.

all those hormes flying around, your brain not knowing what to do with them, parts of the brain getting the wrong signals, you could probably class being a teenager as a mental illness

but seriously... LOTS of people feel like that at 17, and theres no pandemic of mood disorders going around
Quote by Bowe
all those hormes flying around, your brain not knowing what to do with them, parts of the brain getting the wrong signals, you could probably class being a teenager as a mental illness

but seriously... LOTS of people feel like that at 17, and theres no pandemic of mood disorders going around

What I'm saying is that he shouldn't be written off because of his age. Yes, people at that age have all the hormones and crap, but that's also the age at which disorders like BD start to appear. There's a distinct difference between raging hormones and a mood disorder. If it interferes with a person's life and said person has a family history of mood disorders, chances are it's a disorder and not a cocktail of confusing emotions.
You're 17! For f*cks sake, it's called being a freakin 17 year old

Jaysus
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Is there tests they do to test for these chemicals imbalances? My brother's Bi-polar and sometimes I wonder if I could be too.
bipolar, aka manic depression. you can't beat it on your own.

valium can help.
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
Quote by Random88
You're 17! For f*cks sake, it's called being a freakin 17 year old

Jaysus

Quote by Platinum Pro
called harmones man just learn to deal with it

Gah! Do you people know anything about mood disorders? They are NOT like being hormonal and confused! Hormonal is when some dumb teenager gets emo because the girl he likes rejected him. Hormonal is when some dumb teenager gets emo over something stupid and unimportant but makes it sound like it's the most dramatic thing in the world.
When a person's condition is so bad that it interferes with his life, it's NOT hormones.
well, sometimes i just dont feel like doing anything such as being with my friends or family or studying hard for a test or wanting to go to work, if thats what you mean by interfering with my life. otherwise, maybe it is just hormones and im making a big deal out of nothing.
Quote by heavenbesideyou
maybe it is just hormones and im making a big deal out of nothing.

You said it yourself.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
madbasslover

at least you know what your talking about

This dosn't sound like hormones, they changes are too rapid, and for no reason? Not hormones, i'm not heard of the cyclo condition, whats it do"?
Quote by heavenbesideyou
well, sometimes i just dont feel like doing anything such as being with my friends or family or studying hard for a test or wanting to go to work, if thats what you mean by interfering with my life. otherwise, maybe it is just hormones and im making a big deal out of nothing.

I'd say that probably counts as 'The symptoms cause the patient clinically significant distress or impair work, social or personal functioning.' If you've never had a full on manic, hypomanic or depressed episode (which could last weeks or months), and aren't on any prescription medication (well, or anything else) then it does fit the symptoms of cyclothymia.

Quote by Phoenix-Kun
madbasslover

at least you know what your talking about

This dosn't sound like hormones, they changes are too rapid, and for no reason? Not hormones, i'm not heard of the cyclo condition, whats it do"?

To over simplify it, it's a less severe form of bipolar 2 - often consists of episodes of rapid cycling between hypomania and dysthymia (sort of a less severe form of depression). For more, see wikipedia.
Last edited by Mad_BOB at Sep 30, 2008,
Your pregnant?

EDIT: Damn, I was too late.
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?
Quote by Mad_BOB
To over simplify it, it's a less severe form of bipolar 2 - often consists of episodes of rapid cycling between hypomania and dysthymia (sort of a less severe form of depression). For more, see wikipedia.

This. Also,

Holy shit, an 03'er!
sounds like your bi-polar, but what do i know? i know from personal experience that if your unsure of your mental stability you should seek help immediatly (sp?)
Quote by slafoo
Lol I love the fact you use the word majestic to describe titties... it's as if there are hundreds of titties majestically frollocking in a meadow somewhere *drifts off*
Page 1 of 2