===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
To fit them you would either have to buy a new pickguard or you would have to cut out bigger slots for them and redrill some new holes. That latter can work but its a little more time consuming, I recently reffitted a sss pickguard off of a strat to a hsh setup and after a little trial and error it came out quite nice.
Quote by DaddyBarbs
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T TOUCH A SQUIRE

it'll steal your soul

Oh come on....the Squier is a low end instrument but they can still sound good when played. Don't be silly...
Quote by DaddyBarbs
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T TOUCH A SQUIRE

it'll steal your soul

First of all, it's called Squier. Secondly, they're good instruments, and they're easily moddable, cheap and made of real wood, hence why people buy them.

And I say go for it, you can always place the pickups in another guitar, and it would give you a 'metal' tone, if you have a valve amp.

And hey, you can give it a badass paintjob, and then maybe change the neck to a 24 fret one, and that would be ace.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
i already have a 24 fret neck but i want to mod it so it has locking nuts but i dont know how il manage that, and also want to have the body routed so i can fit a floyd rosei have in it along with some sexy 81 - 85's
EMG's will be fine in a squire,
as they're active, wood quality and what not doesn't affect them, well not noticably anyway.
As long as there are decent electrics and its well soldered and grounded
It'll sound fine.

Granted, it might look a bit odd, but if it sounds alright, who the hell cares.
Quote by TomR
...they're active, wood quality and what not doesn't affect them, well not noticably anyway...
I know you aren't trying to start a fight, but you are wrong.

To the OP, have you thought about possibly trying EMG-HZ, or any other single-coil sized humbuckers for that matter?

They might not have the power of a full-size active humbucker but they will still be MUCH more potent than the stock pickups and you won't have to cut up your guitar.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Don't see why not. A good metal pickup IMO is simply a very high-output pickup.

A Duncan Hot Rails, or DiMarzio Super Distortion S should more than suffice a metal heads needs.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
The Dimarzios would be great, if you really want emg's i think they have some single coils.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Active EMG single coils are single coils. The HZs are passive, but they are humbucking.

Personally, I'd get a Super Distortion S, maybe a Fast Track 2.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
you wold probably have to do some routing to get the EMGs to fit, and maybe rout out a hole for the battery compartment. but, yes, it is very do able.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by jm1681
I know you aren't trying to start a fight, but you are wrong.

To the OP, have you thought about possibly trying EMG-HZ, or any other single-coil sized humbuckers for that matter?

I'm not no, but EMG's sound the same in all times of wood, honestly i've tried it.

If your not looking to change the pickguard, i personally wouldn't got for EMG singles, they're nothing on the humbuckers, and there are much better stacked humbuckers around.
Seymour duncan do a good one, can't remember the model tho.

Depending on what model squire, they excellent guitars to mod, do whatever the hell you want too them.
you can stick EMG's in this, then just stick em in a different guitar at a later date, its no biggie.
Quote by TomR
I'm not no, but EMG's sound the same in all times of wood, honestly i've tried it...
Honestly, I currently own 4 guitars that all have 81s in the bridge position...they all sound different.

Of the 12 other guitars I've owned since 1996, 6 of them also had 81s in the bridge position...they all sounded different too

Again, not fighting, just stating fact from my own experience. I see this description of EMGs quite often and IMHO, it is completely incorrect.

OP, sorry for thread jacking
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
You're gonna have to buy a pickguard online for that probably

It's going to look funny. lol

Why not try out the EMG SA's (Single coils)
and then jam a floyd rose in there and make it a beast.

TS, check out:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=962632

Ignore everyone being stupid about Squiers, they can actually be very good.
If you like everything bar the pickups in your guitar, i'd go for it!

Quote by jm1681
Honestly, I currently own 4 guitars that all have 81s in the bridge position...they all sound different.

Of the 12 other guitars I've owned since 1996, 6 of them also had 81s in the bridge position...they all sounded different too

Again, not fighting, just stating fact from my own experience. I see this description of EMGs quite often and IMHO, it is completely incorrect.

OP, sorry for thread jacking

Thank you!
Another one who isn't a bloody bandwagoner!
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
An SA with EMG's SPC control would be quite potent.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
Quote by Soroki
Oh come on....the Squier is a low end instrument but they can still sound good when played. Don't be silly...

agreed. My squier '51 is one of my main axes. it's right in there with my Fenders and my SG.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

To put 2 humbuckers in a squire your going to need to route the neck pickup cavitie so that a humbucker will fit, other wise you could have a HSS configuration or just 3 emg single coils.
Quote by metalaxxe11
i already have a 24 fret neck but i want to mod it so it has locking nuts but i dont know how il manage that, and also want to have the body routed so i can fit a floyd rosei have in it along with some sexy 81 - 85's

I really hope your kidding, like honestly? This is not me trying to be all ignorant on my high horse, (that doesn't exist) its me being informative and practical. It's ridiculous how many similar threads I've seen involving Squires and EMG's or worse, Squires and Floyds.

Now if your in love with your squire, then sure... throw an '81 in the bridge and maybe throw in an active single coil in the neck. Such as the EMG-SA. (Which stands for Single Alnico I believe) Now, I must say that a pickup change here is a bit more justified since you have a 24 fret neck. (which I'm assuming is already installed and of the proper scale length) If your that in love with your squire then who's to stop you from that? But do not even think of having that thing routed for a Floyd.

Approximate Cost of what you want to do
EMG 85 -- $105 New (ebay)
EMG 81 -- $105 New (ebay)
Gotoh Floyd -- $153.75 (ebay)
Routing to be done -- $Too damn expensive
Cash Value of All the trouble you would be going through -- $818,456,761,901.89

The cost of your EMG's and Floyd alone (assuming you go with a Gotoh) is very approximately $363.75. Add in the costs of professional routing and your already up to like 500 something dollars. And thats assuming you mod your own pickguard to suit an 85 for the bridge.

Seriously.. that is not financially worth it at all, especially over a squire. Even if you went through all that trouble, doesn't mean that thing would perform nearly as good as any real metal ax.

With 550-600+ dollars you could get a Jackson King V or Dinky. Would be infinitely better than what you plan to do.
Last edited by SamZee at Oct 4, 2008,