Hey guys! So well I was thinking about getting my first electric. I've played Acoustic until now, but I have tried a few of my friends electrics.

So, any recommendations? I'd say nothing over $300 because it's just a start, but I'd like to here about some good brands and recommendations!

Thanks!
u could try some of the ibanez rg's, i thought they sounded good
Marshall 50 Watt Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960AV
Fender Custom Shop Strat
Ibanez Prestige RG3120
Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster
Strymon Mobius
TC Polytune
TC Flashback
Mad Professor LGW
Fulltone OCD
JOYO Vintage OD
Behringer EQ700
try to get a yamaha for that price, they are great quality for a good price!
Drum drum drum away!
I was in your shoes about 4 months ago... I saved another hundred to get to 400 and I bought a mexican made strat ssh custom.

****, i love this guitar. got a great range of tones, holds a tune well, and its indestructible (ever try breaking a fender?)

My suggestion is skipping the beginners guitar, you can buy yourself a squire but you're gonna want an ssh before you know it.

Also, gibson has some SG's around that price range.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
Yamaha Pacificas are a good place to start. A Vintage Modified Squier Strat wouldnt be bad, either. Maybe an Epi, a G-400 is probaby the best one under $300 from them.
Quote by gizmodious
I was in your shoes about 4 months ago... I saved another hundred to get to 400 and I bought a mexican made strat ssh custom.

****, i love this guitar. got a great range of tones, holds a tune well, and its indestructible (ever try breaking a fender?)

My suggestion is skipping the beginners guitar, you can buy yourself a squire but you're gonna want an ssh before you know it.

Also, gibson has some SG's around that price range.

You mean epiphone, right?
i have got a Vintige Les Paul.

only cost me £100 so cheap i used ebay though use that to get a guitar. although some of them are second hand decent for a first guitar.
epiphone les paul standard is good. or save up about 600 and get a gibson sg faded. that's what I have and i love it!