As I can't find one, here's a thread dedicated to the New Wave of Classic Rock. Here's where to discuss the best ClasSic rock bands of the 21st Century...think Airbourne, Stone Gods, The Answer...

I Have tickets for the best UK tours this autumn: airbourne & Stone Gods, then Black Stone Cherry & The Answer in December...

Let the discussions commence!
Gibson SG
Ibanez RGR420ex
Marshall JTM30
Slash SW95 Crybaby
Boss DS1/DD7
Digitech Bad Monkey

All those bands you mentioned are awesome

I've allready seen Stone Gods live

And I'm hoping to get tickets for the Airbourne and Stone Gods tour.

And as a pointless fact, Ritchie - the singer/rhythm guitarist from Stone Gods comes from my City
I think putting them in a classic rock genre is a bit of a misnomer

they are just rock, in 20-30 years, if their work has withstood the test of time, then they'll be "Classic Rock"

which actually, is one of the separating factors for this forum, you can't have modern bands here :/
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by Carswell98
I think putting them in a classic rock genre is a bit of a misnomer

they are just rock, in 20-30 years, if their work has withstood the test of time, then they'll be "Classic Rock"

which actually, is one of the separating factors for this forum, you can't have modern bands here :/

That is a good point
In my defence, do the new albums from motorhead, whitesnake, Def Leppard, Alice Cooper and even..... AC/DC mean they are no longer Classic Rock?

Classic Rock is a genre, not a period of time.

Oh and Powerslave... definitely try and get tickets, theyre a steal at £12 before extras, well worth a look!
Gibson SG
Ibanez RGR420ex
Marshall JTM30
Slash SW95 Crybaby
Boss DS1/DD7
Digitech Bad Monkey

HEY! reality check. "Classic rock" is a term we use to define what was essentially the "popular music" of the 60s and 70s. The socio-cultural mindset and circumstances of an entire generation that created "classic rock" are done and over with. finito.

there's no "new breed" of "classic" rock. it's absurd to even think in those terms.
Quote by Axegrinder#9
HEY! reality check. "Classic rock" is a term we use to define what was essentially the "popular music" of the 60s and 70s. The socio-cultural mindset and circumstances of an entire generation that created "classic rock" are done and over with. finito.

there's no "new breed" of "classic" rock. it's absurd to even think in those terms.

Ahh screw it, who cares about that

Edit: Also, Planet Rock radio - 'The UK's only classic rock station' still plays some of this new stuff from time to time, because they say it's like 'modern classicl rock'
I stand completely and unreservedly 'told'. Sorry for wasting all of your time. Is there any way I can get the thread moved?
Gibson SG
Ibanez RGR420ex
Marshall JTM30
Slash SW95 Crybaby
Boss DS1/DD7
Digitech Bad Monkey

No need to move it, these bands simply fall under the category of Modern Rock. Go to that forum.

***CLOSED***

How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.