Page 1 of 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3O4QzMzFpM

this is Zakk Wylde's signature marshall stack (mini) which is exactly the same as the one in his rig but smaller and affordable,

i want to know what everyones opinion is on this amp as it seems great and is an actualy stack for only £190! (approx 380$)

so... tell me what you think of this amp and whether i should buy?

also do you think its is gig-able?
xxx

killing is my business... and business is good
It's not very good. It is over priced. Trust me, for £190 there is a lot better options out there, and it is not giggable. And it isn't exactly the same as the one in his rig, but smaller, like the video says. MG15 mini stack = no way near the standards of a JCM800 (what Zakk uses I think)
ummm.....no. Dont get it. Zakk uses JCM900/2000s maybe, not an MG stack. And its not giggable in the least.
this is Zakk Wylde's signature marshall stack (mini) which is exactly the same as the one in his rig but smaller and affordable/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA. Try no.
It is genuinely Awfull. I've had the misfortune to play one and tbh it's overpriced, has not tone and has very little volume. It isn't even similiar to his rig. Play a JCM800 and then try and say it's better.

Trust us. It's really not worth it. There are better options.
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
wow thats a let down, the guy says its the same amp that Zakk uses so that is false advertisement
xxx

I have the non-zakk wylde version and, sure its kinda loud, It has lots of distortion, but it probably doesnt have the best value out there. but if you absolutely must have a stack, go for it. It's great for in your room
no. just no.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 BK with a Dimarzio Evo in bridge
Jet city Jca2112rc
Digitech Bad Monkey
The MG series is really good for the money but it gets bashed here by everyone.

It is not the same amp Zakk uses though.
yeah, so what is the deal with MG's anyway? everybody does hate them lol, the only 1 ive tried is a crappy little 15 watt one which was pants but i guess thats because its a cheap ass amp
xxx

Quote by kwidjibo1
yeah, so what is the deal with MG's anyway? everybody does hate them lol, the only 1 ive tried is a crappy little 15 watt one which was pants but i guess thats because its a cheap ass amp

The problem is no-matter which one in the range you buy, it's the same crappy tone, just louder and therefore more painfull!
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Quote by Madsalty
The problem is no-matter which one in the range you buy, it's the same crappy tone, just louder and therefore more painfull!

lol yeah, just makes that shit louder, i get u
xxx

Quote by kwidjibo1

we get SO MANY, my mg crapped out on me threads, it's not even funny.

i own one. i hated using it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i wouldn't bother. MGs are bad enough already without paying twice the price for the privilege of having zakk's name on it and a slightly different shade of grill cloth...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've had bad experiences with Marshall. If you want a Marshall get a real stack.
Quote by SamuelBirkett
wtf r u say make no sensical

SAVE THE MUDKIPS
That's not his rig amp, it's just something he endorses.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Bad investment. Not very loud. Not the best tone you can get for the price.

Cheaper amps i recommend:
Vox Valvetronix
Roland Cube
Peavey vypyr

Cheaper amps i don't recommend:
Fender frontman
Marshall MG
Line 6 spider 3
Quote by SenorSmiley
The MG series is really good for the money but it gets bashed here by everyone.

It is not the same amp Zakk uses though.

mg series are bashed because they are bad amps u can pick up a cube or a vyper not pay atleast $50 extra for the marshall logo and get a 10x better amp. and arnt u the one that used to go around posting the smae vid of some1 playing a custom jackson on and mg and kept saying "OMG MGs ARE GOOD AMPS"!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by Tubyboulin
Well, thats not a complete lie. He uses MG's backstage warming up No where near the sound of his live rig (JCM800, and a SD-1 i beleive)

Do you have a youtube account called Tubyboulin? I was just looking around one day and found a video of two boys playing solos and different riffs back to back. This be you?
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Quote by gstacey1
mg series are bashed because they are bad amps u can pick up a cube or a vyper not pay atleast $50 extra for the marshall logo

I would pay an extra $500.00 for the Marshall logo
i;ve got one here, and i take pay pal.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

i'm almost sorry i sold my avt now...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Just listen to the drive channel on tht video demo, its nasty!
. . .this thread has a large number of amusing people.

Right, for £190, you can get an Epiphone Valve junior head and have money to spare for a decent cab, you can get a Laney LC15 or LC15R and are close to a Laney VC15.
You're about £100 off a Marshall DSL401 (much, much better than the MG)
And an Orange Tiny Terror ain't a stretch either, all amps that could pull of gigs (maybe not the Epi Valve juniour unless heavily miced.)
I had the MG15MSII, it looked pretty cool, but damn did i hate having to put up with it for a year. It just sounded disgusting. Clean wasnt that bad, sterile and flat granted, but that damn distortion... I bought a £10 danelectro FAB pedal to replace the distortion and I never used the MGs onboard drive since. It was just like my guitar got raped.

$500 for the marshall logo? I'd sooner suck Zakk Wyldes beard.
Last edited by beckyjc at Oct 1, 2008,
well i guess im not going to buy it then... lol

so what cheap amps do you recommend that are ok for gigging?
xxx

You guys most not understand tone, Marshall's MG series is the best amp range possible. I played one at guitarcenter, and the overdrive on it was much cleaner than the mesa dual rectifier I tried as well. The Zack Wylde version pwns, the graphics inspire me to play better, I swore that when I played Smoke on the Water, Zack Wylde himself controlled my Dean into sounding even more awesome.

lol
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
what's your budget? your favorite music, and do you have craigslist in your area?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by kranoscorp
You guys most not understand tone, Marshall's MG series is the best amp range possible. I played one at guitarcenter, and the overdrive on it was much cleaner than the mesa dual rectifier I tried as well. The Zack Wylde version pwns, the graphics inspire me to play better, I swore that when I played Smoke on the Water, Zack Wylde himself controlled my Dean into sounding even more awesome.

lol

So every note you played was a pinch harmonic?
Quote by jj1565
what's your budget? your favorite music, and do you have craigslist in your area?

+1
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by kwidjibo1

this is Zakk Wylde's signature marshall stack (mini) which is exactly the same as the one in his rig but smaller and affordable,

I'm sorry, but...
Its the best amp in the MG range.

Its not brilliant but you can get some O.K tones out of it.
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
Page 1 of 2