Hello everyone.

I'm sure there has been a billion threads like this and I know there is an ultimate sticky but I'd like to get some opinions on this.

I've been playing for about 2 years. Playing a starter Ibanez GIO and it's killing me. I've grown out of it and hate it's horrible tone and cheap build quailty. I'm looking for something cleaner sounding and obviously a much better all around guitar. My budget is $400, $500 max.

I play rocky sounding tunes most of the time but my musical tastes are changing and I want a guitar that can offer me clean tone as well.

So to get down to it I've been looking at standard strats and SG's. I'm really digging the stratocaster body style now and the HSS "Fat Strat" may look like a good option for me but like I said I want some opinions on what's all out thre. Thanks to any help.

-Justin
i dunno, i just don't like strats for some reason so out of those id get the SG. however don't forget to look at some of the Epiphone SGs or Les Pauls which come into your price range. also take a look at the Ibanez RG3 which is what i have now and it is REALLY nice for the price of 350. no joke.
Quote by SonicMayham
i dunno, i just don't like strats for some reason so out of those id get the SG. however don't forget to look at some of the Epiphone SGs or Les Pauls which come into your price range. also take a look at the Ibanez RG3 which is what i have now and it is REALLY nice for the price of 350. no joke.

+1

Also you can also go used. If you do your research and you're careful you can find yourself a nice guitar broken in by years of playing. I got myself an old radius from like '88 and it plays like a dream. Ibanez Wizard II necks are not as fast as old radius "sooper dooper shredding necks" but I have one on my rg3ex1 and its definitely a lean mean shredding machine.
Quote by Twist of fate
Once, I watched Star Wars episode 4. I timed myself so that I came right when the death star blew up.

Afterwards, Han Solo said "Great shot kid, that was one in a million!"
Eh. I really don't want a shred guitar. Not for me.

Which leaves me with strat/sg...I also like teles.

The G400 looks like a solid guitar.
Well tomorrow I shall make my purchase. I'm stuck on a mexican strat. I'm falling in love with them haha.
Quote by janderson91z
Well tomorrow I shall make my purchase. I'm stuck on a mexican strat. I'm falling in love with them haha.

...and that would be a pretty good choice. For $400, a MIM Fender HSS Stratocaster gives you a nice guitar at a very reasonable price.
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube