Page 1 of 2
This thread is for you to talk about the Firefox web browser. You may talk about add ons and post pics of your themes. You may also, help each other out about problems with Firefox.

Here is the link to the Firefox Support Forum: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/forum/

The following is a basic list of add ons that
will make day to day use a lot easier:

Dictionaries (A Must)

Easy Drag-To-Go -
A lot of customisable options ranging from; searching selected
text in google, saving images, opening images in new tabs.

FastDial (A Must) -
Visual bookmarking on your homepage.

Abduction -
A tool to take selected screen caps by dragging a box
over the area you want to copy, copies text, images,
anything within the catchment area.

URL Fixer

FireGestures -
Perform multiple actions by movements of the mouse.

Download Statusbar

Foxy Tunes -
Allows you to control any media play from your browser with a toolbar
that fixes to your address bar. (This add-on can be temperamental, if you
have issues with it post in the thread)

The following is a basic list of add on icons and buttons that
should be default with the browser:

Undo Closed Tab

Duplicate Tab

Embed I.E. into Firefox

Quick Restart

The following is a basic list of add ons that
will make Firefox run better:

AdBlock Plus

DownloadThemAll -
An add-on that includes multiple options to speed
up downloads and choose what you download.

Fasterfox -
To get this add-on for FF3 you have to create an
account on the add-ons page, then log in and d/l.

OR
Network Tweak -
Do not run both Fasterfox and Network Tweak side by side,
it will cause multiple problems with your firefox.

If you would like to test both, install one de-activate it,
then install the other, be sure to only activate one at a time!

Mouse Scroll Smoothing

The following is a basic list of
recommended themes:

NASA Nightlaunch

Curacao

Gradient iCool

Abstract Zune

(If you have any suggestions please pm me)

Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Last edited by RockGuitar92 at Sep 30, 2008,
From now on this thread will - hopefully - be the ONLY Firefox thread.

If you've seen this and read this post you are now obligated to direct all Firefox questions here, whether problem or praise. It will be added to the ONLY threads list if it can become common knowledge.

Filth, pure filth... That's what you are.
Firefox is great.

Mine has a nice black theme - works nicely with my black XP theme and my black KSE Desktop picture.

Works great too. No problems. Best browser I've ever used.
Especially with the add-on "Fast Dial". Best thing ever, making the about:blank into a usable page.

I love how firefox can save the pages when I turn it off - so if I can restart it/go away and do other stuff, without losing my pages.

EDIT: Sorry for making this seem like a sales pitch.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Mazzakazza
Adblock is one of the greatest plugins, ever.

+1

How could I forget that!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
No-script, speed dial, firegestures, all-in-one sidebar... kist a few of my favourites. I miss fasterfox for FF2 but i can wait for it to be updates for FF3

I ♥ FF

Origionaly Posted by CTFOD
Origionaly Posted by hownowbrowncow:
Get a new bicycle
Then you can ride it with no handlebars.

No handlebars.

No handlebars...
Quote by Tenacious D'er
No-script, speed dial, firegestures, all-in-one sidebar... kist a few of my favourites. I miss fasterfox for FF2 but i can wait for it to be updates for FF3

I ♥ FF

It is out. Well for registered users and is only an experimental release but you can get it, the same as Snap links and perma tabs. When you search for add-ons check the box 'show experimental add-ons' and then they are highlighted red - you have to have an account.

I love Firefox
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
BlackZeppelin is like Ghandi. With a bigger sense of humor.
it's the silence between the notes that makes the music.
Quote by jimmy_neutron
what does adblock do? is it just popup ads it blocks or is it ALL adds. Will it make the internet faster?

It blocks pop-ups and most of the banner ads you see on websites like for example the ones you see right under the "ultimateGuitar.com" logo on the top of this website.
Quote by jimmy_neutron
what does adblock do? is it just popup ads it blocks or is it ALL adds. Will it make the internet faster?

Pretty much all ads. Yeah it makes the internet faster. Not a whole lot in my experience, but it does. Probably does for dial-up users though.

Quote by metaldud536
Where can I get themes for Firefox 3? The ones on their official webiste are kinda lame.

I tried to google it once or twice, but I only found some Mario ones and that was it. Sorry. Maybe someone else knows.
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
Best way is to go to the official ones and then go to the authors private sites. more often than not they have unreleased or soon to be released themes for d/l.
Quote by The Hurt Within
Best way is to go to the official ones and then go to the authors private sites. more often than not they have unreleased or soon to be released themes for d/l.

Gracias compadre.
Quote by Simsimius
Firefox is great.

Mine has a nice black theme - works nicely with my black XP theme and my black KSE Desktop picture.

Works great too. No problems. Best browser I've ever used.
Especially with the add-on "Fast Dial". Best thing ever, making the about:blank into a usable page.

I love how firefox can save the pages when I turn it off - so if I can restart it/go away and do other stuff, without losing my pages.

EDIT: Sorry for making this seem like a sales pitch.

How did you get a black theme???
?!
For some reason whatever I download from Firefox, wherever it goes to on my computer instantly becomes Read-only. When I try to take it off it just comes back, so most of my computer's folders are now read only. I didn't have this issue with IE, but I still like Firefox better, I just can't do certain things with my files, although i don't need to usually =/
In an interstellar burst! I am back to save the universe...
I'm switching over from Opera, not Internet exploder

But anyway, I was wondering, is there someway I can put things such as Windows Live Messenger into Firefox so that its all one process? And can Firefox be used to run widgets?

Thanks
UG's HIPPIE
Quote by Amalgam
For some reason whatever I download from Firefox, wherever it goes to on my computer instantly becomes Read-only. When I try to take it off it just comes back, so most of my computer's folders are now read only. I didn't have this issue with IE, but I still like Firefox better, I just can't do certain things with my files, although i don't need to usually =/

Hmm...when you download it where do you put as its default program to open it? Also, where are you saving it when you download it? They are usually the problems when it happens to me. Hope it helps.

EDIT: Maybe this will help better....
Find the files and change either the 'use with' to firefox, or change the files 'associated' programs.

Quote by ~G{}{}BER~

But anyway, I was wondering, is there someway I can put things such as Windows Live Messenger into Firefox so that its all one process? And can Firefox be used to run widgets?

Thanks

I believe there is an add on for instant messenger services. Go on the firefox add on site and just search for instant messenger and it should come up. Hopefully it helps you out.
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
Quote by ~G{}{}BER~

Thanks

Hmmm, there's nothing that I know of that can put MSN into the browser. Haven't checked the experimental add-ons yet though.
Sorry, I've never saw this thread =(

Somehow an ask.com toolbar got downloaded to my computer and now ask.com is my default search engine. How do I change that? I've looked everywhere and can not find it.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
I hear everyone talking about "Firefox saves your pages when you close it, so you can start from where you left off!" but this never happened to me...

I have the newest version of FF3.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by Pinky19
Sorry, I've never saw this thread =(

Somehow an ask.com toolbar got downloaded to my computer and now ask.com is my default search engine. How do I change that? I've looked everywhere and can not find it.

Go into add ons and click disable or uninstall next to the ask.com toolbar. Let me know if you have any problems.
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
Do any of you guys have problem with FF3 and the UG profile flash player?

Whenever I click a song, it treats the link as an address link and just refreshes the page instead of playing it.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by PlayMadness
I hear everyone talking about "Firefox saves your pages when you close it, so you can start from where you left off!" but this never happened to me...

I have the newest version of FF3.

Tools > Options > 'Main' tab > at the top it says: Startup then in the drop down menu select 'show my tabs and windows when firefox restarts'

that should do it

Quote by Xiaoxi
Do any of you guys have problem with FF3 and the UG profile flash player?

Whenever I click a song, it treats the link as an address link and just refreshes the page instead of playing it.

This either sounds like a flash problem or an add-on conflict. What add-ons do you use?
Quote by The Hurt Within

This either sounds like a flash problem or an add-on conflict. What add-ons do you use?

Just 3:
Forecastfox, Download status, and ad block plus.

I'm also using the Leopard theme, which is still a beta.

I'm using FF3 on Leopard.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Well the first option is to disable all 3 add ons and switch to the ff3 default theme. Then try it again. If you still have the problems it's not an add-on and might be java. If it works, it's the theme or an add-on, then it's a process of elimination.
^Coo. I'll try those.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
To try and get the ball rolling on posting pictures of everyone's themes, here is mine....
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
Quote by ~G{}{}BER~

Thanks

Look up Yoono - Socialoze your browser... that might work....

Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Quote by jimmy_neutron
we should make a list of anything that makes firefox faster perhaps?

Good idea! I will put a list on the original post.

Thanks!
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
Quote by RockGuitar92
Go into add ons and click disable or uninstall next to the ask.com toolbar. Let me know if you have any problems.

I no longer have the toolbar but ask.com is still the default search engine.

Nevermind. I went to about:config, keyword.URL and changed the ineger to www.google.com

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Last edited by Pinky19 at Sep 30, 2008,
Quote by Pinky19
I no longer have the toolbar but ask.com is still the default search engine.

Nevermind. I went to about:config, keyword.URL and changed the ineger to www.google.com

Glad to hear you got things all worked out. Sorry that I misunderstood what you were asking though.
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
Quote by The Hurt Within
Tools > Options > 'Main' tab > at the top it says: Startup then in the drop down menu select 'show my tabs and windows when firefox restarts'

that should do it

Quote by metaldud536
I have a problem with my Fox!
For some reason when I have multiple tabs open and I close the browser it doesn't ask if I want to save the session anymore.

??

Quote by Pinky19
??

haha you beat me to it
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
Quote by metaldud536
It's just not the same. I like it when Firefox talks to me. It worked though, thanks.

Options.tabs.warn me when closing multiple tabs?

Quote by Pinky19
Options.tabs.warn me when closing multiple tabs?

Nah. I don't know, I think it was an option they got rid of after the latest update. It asked if you wanted to save the current session, basically open the same tabs next time you restart. The other option opens all the tabs you had last time automatically.
Sometimes I don't want to re-open the other tabs I had.
Page 1 of 2