Other than the blues junior what resonably priced amps are good for blue music?
The Fender Hot Rod in any of its forms
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
Fender Deluxe Reverb.

What do you see as "Reasonably Priced?"
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
peavey classic 30 for british-ish voicing
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
just curious why not the blues junior? The classic 30 is nice but i much prefer the blues junior tone. I consider those the best in the "reasonably priced"
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
^Nice Blonde Derek

Peavey Delta Blues?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I was just weighing my options, I saw the blues junior doesn't have drive, and I saw someone who was trying to get SRV's tone and they said they had their drive at 6. So I was just seeing if there was another good amp for blues other than the bj
Hey, TS- do you mean John Mayer, or do you mean blues?

Because a Blues Junior is would be the cheapest option for John Mayer type stuff.
Quote by ak10
I was just weighing my options, I saw the blues junior doesn't have drive, and I saw someone who was trying to get SRV's tone and they said they had their drive at 6. So I was just seeing if there was another good amp for blues other than the bj

The Blues Jr. has master volume...
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
^I don't know if that falls in the reasonably priced territory.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Fender Sonic 50
Quote by metal4all
Just, no. Locrian should be treated like that gay cousin. Just avoid him cuz he's weird, unstable, and is attracted to the wrong thing.

Quote by steven seagull
Big deal, I bought a hamster once and they put that in a box...doesn't make it a scale.
Quote by DerekTheDominoe

if darkarbby were not banned, i'm sure he'd second that, so I'll do that for him
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
What about the Crate V18? I personally havent played one, but some guy here on UG just got one and said it'll be good for doing blues. just throwing that out there.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Quote by danyellenik
if darkarbby were not banned, i'm sure he'd second that, so I'll do that for him

darkarbby is banned? please tell me it ain't a perma!
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Quote by pak1351
Why oh why would they ban darkarbiter? This forum goes downhill so fast when the knowledgeable guys aren't here

FEAR NOT, I'M HERE
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
It was an issue with the Pit and not GGnA. He (Darkarbiter7) probably got caught up in posting after a thread had been reported or something stupid like that. Still out of range that CBB.

ak10 - what is your budget for said blues amp and what city are you closest too? The Blues Jr really is a good reasonably priced blues amp that would sound awesome with an OD pedal if you needed more grit.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
The Blues Jr really is a good reasonably priced blues amp that would sound awesome with an OD pedal if you needed more grit.

2nd'd.
Darkarbitr7 is doing well - I sent him a bridge pup for his Washburn I pulled out of a late 60's/early 70's Epiphone double cutaway. It pays to put what you need in your sig - or I never would have known he wanted one.
I live very close to Chicago, so yeah I would love the CBB, and its not that it is out of my price range but I wanted to get a amp and a new guitar, so I wanted to stay around what the bj costs.
Quote by ak10
I live very close to Chicago, so yeah I would love the CBB, and its not that it is out of my price range but I wanted to get a amp and a new guitar, so I wanted to stay around what the bj costs.

Well I hear on Wabash Ave Bj's are quite cheap. LOL Seriously though - Blues Jr's go for $300-325 on craigslist all the time here.
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/msg/860437832.html Blues Jr asking $350.
http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/msg/853316058.html Little Giant Combo for $200, it's 5 loud watts. I prefer on board reverb though for blues.

Edit: But if you wanted to go crazy....
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/msg/855647216.html
Quote by gregs1020
Well I hear on Wabash Ave Bj's are quite cheap. LOL Seriously though - Blues Jr's go for $300-325 on craigslist all the time here.
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/msg/860437832.html Blues Jr asking $350.
http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/msg/853316058.html Little Giant Combo for $200, it's 5 loud watts. I prefer on board reverb though for blues.

Edit: But if you wanted to go crazy....
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/msg/855647216.html

The Fender and the Blackheart are pretty different, the Blues Jr. is american and the Blackheart is british.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
^Just pointing out options Sonicx, trying to save him a couple hundo. Both are good blues amps though wouldn't you agree?
Quote by gregs1020
^Just pointing out options Sonicx, trying to save him a couple hundo. Both are good blues amps though wouldn't you agree?

I would.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Maybe a Vox AC15, I found one sounded really good for British blues, which I play most of the time. I think Fenders sound too American sounding, so if you're looking for SRV blues or a John Mayer 'blues' tone, then go for it.

So yeah. A Vox AC15 would be good, same with a Fender Blues Jr.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I say an AC15 would be good. A delta blues would be good also.

maybe a blackheart

for Brit tone

EDIT: they banned Wes? dang

btw look at a fender hot rod deville or something like it if you want american tones
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Oct 1, 2008,