So I'm taking Spanish class and my teacher, who knows about as much as I do, is wondering whether or not the week starts on Sunday or Monday in Spanish countries. She said she has yet to see a list of the days of the week begin on Sunday, but always on Monday. So which is the first day?
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
I think it what you are talking about is based on religion.

I'm not too sure though.

Quote by Grundy0
Never forget what really matters in life, friends and family.
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3
well our weeks start on sunday but we dont go to school on sundays. sundays are the days to be with family
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by devit
well our weeks start on sunday but we dont go to school on sundays. sundays are the days to be with family

Same in most places I would suspect, I was just wondering if the week officially started on Monday.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

My background's Filipino (colonized by Spain, so kinda counts), and apparently they consider Sunday the start of the week back on the islands...

I think. I dunno, I heard that a while ago, and I might be making shit up, and wherever I got that from might not be too reliable :S
Gear:
.Fender Classic Series '70s Stratocaster
.Peavey Classic 30
.Xotic BB Preamp
.MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
.Vox V847A Wah
.Boss RC-2 Loop Station
.Washburn WI-24 (first guitar )
Quote by Ostinattos
Lunes

actually, it is lunes. Days of the week are not capitalized.

Quote by Pinky19
actually, it is lunes. Days of the week are not capitalized.
Beginning of a sentence. <--fragment!
Quote by Grundy0
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3
So, according to Christians, God created everything over a period of 6 days. He rested on the seventh day, so that day is holy. the week ened on the seventh day, sunday. For the Jews, the holy day is Saturday (i dont know why), so thier week starts on Sunday. I think. EDIT: Sunday is on the weekEND. (in the USA)
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Lunes, martes, miercoles, jueves, viernes, saaaaaabado, domingo!

That's how my spanish teacher taught me it. You're supposed to sing it

It was in 7th grade,

I'm still traumatized.
Quote by americablanco
Beginning of a sentence. <--fragment!

But he said only one word which would not make it a sentence. It did not even have punctuation.

^ Yeah.

Here it begins with Monday (lunes) , I'm not sure if it changes on South America.

edit: Stop being stupid about the way I wrote something.
I live in spain but i am english, i always thought Monday was the start of the week in UK until someone told me it was actually Sunday, Monday is the start of thw working week, so although i live here i couldnt tell you, everyone i soff weekends and the "working week" starts monday.
The calendars I have seen always start with lunes (monday)
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Quote by RU Experienced?
Lunes, martes, miercoles, jueves, viernes, saaaaaabado, domingo!

That's how my spanish teacher taught me it. You're supposed to sing it

It was in 7th grade,

I'm still traumatized.

Lol, just for you to pronounce sábado instead of sabado.
Quote by Pinky19
So I'm taking Spanish class and my teacher, who knows about as much as I do, is wondering whether or not the week starts on Sunday or Monday in Spanish countries. She said she has yet to see a list of the days of the week begin on Sunday, but always on Monday. So which is the first day?

Other than their language (which under scrutiny is quite different), and their being part of the homo sapiens race, what do Mexicans and Spanish today have in common?

They might not even organize the week the same way! And as a rule, sunday is the first day of the week, but Christianity adapted it to be the last since Jesus resurrected on a sunday. So for all intents and purposes monday is now used as the first day in western countries.
Last edited by MiG_853 at Sep 30, 2008,
Because ,apparently we know better than TS's teacher.

edit:

Quote by MiG_853
Other than their language (which under scrutiny is quite different), and their being part of the homo sapiens race, what do Mexicans and Spanish today have in common?

I don't know what do English and Americans have in common?
Last edited by Ostinattos at Sep 30, 2008,
Quote by metaldud536
What do Mexicans have to do with this thread?
Absolutely nothing. TS made a generalization with the Spanish speaking countries.

Edit: TS's teacher made a generalization with the Spanish speaking countries.
Quote by Grundy0
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3
Last edited by americablanco at Sep 30, 2008,
Quote by Ostinattos
Lol, just for you to pronounce sábado instead of sabado.

No, I typed it that way to indicate that you sustain the syllable you bean picker.
Quote by rockingamer2
So, according to Christians, God created everything over a period of 6 days. He rested on the seventh day, so that day is holy. the week ened on the seventh day, sunday. For the Jews, the holy day is Saturday (i dont know why), so thier week starts on Sunday. I think. EDIT: Sunday is on the weekEND. (in the USA)

The word sábado (Portguese spelling) comes from sabat/sabbath; in reality the Jews have it right. Christians changed the holy-day to coincide with Jesus' resurrection. Curiously the Muslims have the holy-day fridays.
Quote by americablanco
Absolutely nothing. TS made a generalization with the Spanish speaking countries.

Not quite. Blame my teacher. She said, "I wonder if thats how they start their week in Mexico and other Spanish speaking countries."

So please don't blame me.

Quote by metaldud536
What do Mexicans have to do with this thread?

Because they are stealing our jobs!!! Rapin' our churches and burnin our women!!!!
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by Ostinattos
I don't know what do English and Americans have in common?

Nothing, and thank god!

(Don't worry, we love you both the same.)
Quote by RU Experienced?
No, I typed it that way to indicate that you sustain the syllable you bean picker.

I guess you didn't learn anything from that class.
Quote by Ostinattos

He learned a nifty song.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by Ostinattos

I learned a lot of Spanish (took 4 years of classes, I'd hope I'd learn something), and then quickly forgot it all in the past 3 years with no need/desire to ever speak the language.

Edit^

That's about all I retained.
My wristwatch starts on Sunday.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK