Right now I have an epi lespual custom and it has alright playability but its not as good as id like it to be so......In the near future I would like to get a new guitar and use the epi for rock since it has humbuckers and another guitar for blues.....I really want a guitar that has great playability and a really great neck and Id like it to have Single coils or coiltapping so that I can get that good blues sound. I just want a great playing guitar for my next step up in the world of guitar lol. So with that said what would you guys suggest?
Price range doesent really matter.....(although I cant buy a 4,000 guitar)
" Im so god damned horny the crack of dawn better be carefull around me."
- Tom Waits

Gear
Marshall Jcm900 50w Head
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender MIM Telecaster w/ rosewood neck&Emg's
EHX Holy Grail
Tone Bone Hot British
Strat?
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
Quote by twistedmaggot
Strat?

lol yea right......Ive herd that strats dont have super necks ive played an american ash and it felt like shit.
- Tom Waits

Gear
Marshall Jcm900 50w Head
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
EHX Holy Grail
Tone Bone Hot British
Quote by Brian8878682
lol yea right......Ive herd that strats dont have super necks ive played an american ash and it felt like shit.

If we based our opinion of a whole brand upon one or two or even as many as five guitars, I'd be obligated to think that Dean, Jackson, and Parker are incapable of producing decent instruments. Give more of them a try. Or even better, a Tele.
Quote by lewis_grey
Well, are you looking for a thin or thick neck?

probly a thin I love the necks on ibanez guitars and I love the way the action is so perfect...
- Tom Waits

Gear
Marshall Jcm900 50w Head
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
EHX Holy Grail
Tone Bone Hot British
Quote by Flying Couch
If we based our opinion of a whole brand upon one or two or even as many as five guitars, I'd be obligated to think that Dean, Jackson, and Parker are incapable of producing decent instruments. Give more of them a try. Or even better, a Tele.

This is true and that strat was deff not gunna eb the last I play, I was just basing my opinion on the fact that I heard that strats have terrible necks
- Tom Waits

Gear
Marshall Jcm900 50w Head
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
EHX Holy Grail
Tone Bone Hot British
Well for the strat neck, i agree with you that some strat neck sucks.. but i have a Fender strat 50's classic (mexican), which has a one piece wood neck of maple.. which is super great, no rosewood no nothing, just a great felling maple neck, also the guitars pickups is not super "hot", so i think they will make a great opposition to the les paul, they are like the 2 most different guitars ever.. also the 50's classic only cost about 700- 1000.. i at least recommend that you check it out..
Quote by Brian8878682
This is true and that strat was deff not gunna eb the last I play, I was just basing my opinion on the fact that I heard that strats have terrible necks

Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
try Jackson guitars,maybe a dk2 cause it a 2 single coil pickups and a humbucker.i have one and its great
I think my eye is wondering back over twords the strats
- Tom Waits

Gear
Marshall Jcm900 50w Head
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
EHX Holy Grail
Tone Bone Hot British
Quote by metallicaM.O.P.
try Jackson guitars,maybe a dk2 cause it a 2 single coil pickups and a humbucker.i have one and its great

Jacksons have the nicest necks I've played on, IMO. Thin and great for playing at speed....and slowly.
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio Ebony/Gold
Jackson RR5 Ivory w/Black Pinstripes
Epiphone Les Paul 100 *For Sale*
Yamaha FX370C
Marshall AVT150HX + AVT4x12
schecter c-1 series.
If like Ibanez necks and want a single coil equipped guitar for playing the blues, it'd be logical to try out the Ibanez SA series guitars. The single coils are a good bit hotter than on Fenders though, so they're tonaly quite different. Anyway, they might work for you.
Otherwise, Strats and Teles are the way to go. You don't need to limit yourself to Fender though. ESP has a Strat in the current line up, too. I haven't played it so far, but the local guitar mags gave it good reviews.
Wait a minute, I'll get you a link.

EDIT:
Couldn't find it on any of the bigger online-distributor's sites, so a link to ESP will have to suffice for now:
http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_vintage.html

They have been available in finishes that were not 'worn' like the ones I linked to. Dunno if they still are though. They costed about 1400€ here if I remember correctly.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Sep 30, 2008,
Quote by TheQuailman
If like Ibanez necks and want a single coil equipped guitar for playing the blues, it'd be logical to try out the Ibanez SA series guitars. The single coils are a good bit hotter than on Fenders though, so they're tonaly quite different. Anyway, they might work for you.
Otherwise, Strats and Teles are the way to go. You don't need to limit yourself to Fender though. ESP has a Strat in the current line up, too. I haven't played it so far, but the local guitar mags gave it good reviews.
Wait a minute, I'll get you a link.

EDIT:
Couldn't find it on any of the bigger online-distributor's sites, so a link to ESP will have to suffice for now:
http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_vintage.html

They have been available in finishes that were not 'worn' like the ones I linked to. Dunno if they still are though. They costed about 1400€ here if I remember correctly.

Yea thats looks nice I think those Ibanez's look pretty good to I might be able to get away with a blues sound on it.
- Tom Waits

Gear
Marshall Jcm900 50w Head
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
EHX Holy Grail
Tone Bone Hot British
id think parker if price is not an issue
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
It seems people don't think about what they recommend.. they just recommend what they like nomatter genre... but i don't think you should get a jackson, ESP or ibanez.. they are all more or less heavy metal / hard rock guitars.. not blues guitars.. i though about maybe getting a hollow body gibson thing.. ? ultra soft and clear sound.. i dunno about the neck.. it is different from a les paul.. but it is not a ultra fast neck..