hey guys, I have a fender Aerodyne Jazz bass and ive heard people reccomending that I take off the stock bridge and put on a badAss II bridge. I want my bass to sound better, but I don't want to change the overall tone.

Do any of you guys know anyhting about this bridge?
It has more mass to it, so it should make your bass ound better, as well as make your intonation better (i think). Its a solid investment and upgrade.
Better sustain, better inotation. If anything it is going to improve yout tone. I just got one for my MIM P-bass, I would defintely get one.
as people keep responding. How do you think it would look?

Is the bridge much bigger then the one on there?

Also, it would change things like my action, string spacing etc. right?
I just put one on my MiM p-bass a few weeks ago.

It does change the tone a little bit, because the overtones become more pronounced, it's a very good thing though, and it makes any type of harmonic note ring out wonderfully.

Yes, it is very noticibly bigger than the stock bridge on the aerodyne.
Yes it will change your action, but of course you can adjust to whatever you want just like the stock bridge. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't affect string spacing at all. The string through holes are the same distance apart as a usual fender bridge, and you can form the grooves wherever you want the strings to lie, (or not put in grooves at all, i didn't and I like the sonic results).

It might look a little exagerated on the aerodyne bass, but who cares, just tell everyone that bigger means better.
I think its a must for any MIM fender bass with that stock, crappy bridge. You all know what i'm talking about!
Sly taco pretty much sumed up what I was going to say. It will improve you're tone and sustain (especially the sustain) and will not change you're string spacing. And, unlike the original badass bridge, it has the same dimensions as a fender bridge so you don't have to do any routing. Definitely a must
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
I put one on my Mexi-Jazz a few years ago and after the first set I played with it on the sound guy at my church said that he could tell the difference immediately and loved the tone it gave.
The Aerodyne has a curved top does it not? And I believe the standard Fender bridge sit in a recess. This may cause problems when fitting the Badass.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by indie-bassist
The Aerodyne has a curved top does it not? And I believe the standard Fender bridge sit in a recess. This may cause problems when fitting the Badass.

That's right. The curve it going to make it difficult. You might want to consider a different bridge unless you don't mind routing. Check out some ghotos.
I heard something about the new aerodynes having some kind of flush bridge u can install the BA without mods.

I have a new one so I was wondering.
Would you say a Badass upgrade would make a difference on a 2008 American P-Bass? They're using the HMV bridges now, but the Badass looks significantly larger.
Great sustain. You can play a note, go to the pub and come back and it'll still be ringing!
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by ele1122
Would you say a Badass upgrade would make a difference on a 2008 American P-Bass? They're using the HMV bridges now, but the Badass looks significantly larger.

You'd want a Badass III. But I'd say it's worth it.