Well I got this guitar from a friend ( I think he hates me ) cuz this guitar is the worst there is no sign of what model it is , its a classic guitar . I changed the strings to Gibson steel strings , the sound was better but still it sounds bad , is there any seggestion to make it sound better ill apprciate any help i can get cuz if dont I'll burn the dam thing.
TAKE IT OFF, NOW. you're going to destroy that guitar if you keep it on. If you don't take it off the bridge or the neck could snap clean off within a matter of hours.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Oh boy. Let me get this straight. You buy a classical guitar from a friend and didn't try it (because clearly you wouldnt buy a guitar that sounded bad) and then you put STEEL strings on it!? Take those off now. Go back to nylon or that guitar is as good as done.
well those steel string are there for a while(6 mounths now) well i didnt know that & (i didnt buy it ) , I read on strings box that it can be used for folk & classical guitar that's why i bought them in the 1st place , can u recomand me of good nylon strings ?& when I put them in the guitar do I hv to wait for them to stretech for few days or just tune it up & get started ?
Last edited by Maiden88 at Sep 30, 2008,
If it was setup for nylon, use nylon. If it can use either, I suggest Martin SP phosper bronze lights... (clean, bright, smooth as silk)
Ive been told tht all classic guitars has to be only on nylon , if so i guess its sound will be less bright ,is it right ? + what is the diffrence in the classic guitar case cuz i guess it has the same shape as acoustic ?(just a genral information)
A classical guitar is definitely not the same shape as an acoustic. Similar, but not the same.

There is no classical guitar built to use steel strings.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by Maiden88
why nobody is answerin me about what kinda nylon i should get ????

At the moment we're all more concerned about the steel strings on it.

Yes they will have to stretch for a while, for the moment, I wouldn't worry about what nylon strings to use. I think it would be best if you took it to a guitar shop, they'll be able to give you better advice.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Get A Pair Of Scissors And Chop Those Things Off Now
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite