BBE Sonic Stomp: What is your experiance with it?

I would like to know cuz I am planning on getting it this weekend after I try it for like an hour.

Thanks

Also, can someone upload a GOOD demonstration with it to youtube or something.

Thanks again!
when ever i used a sonic maximizer after a bit the tone would sound a little too digital and processed for me
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
It's basically a lazy man's eq. I wouldn't put one near my amp. EVER
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
I used the 482i for a bit in my rig. At first glace with your ears you'll think its amazing. I've come to realize that all it does is boost highs and lows. It makes your sound become super scooped with no midrange. All high and tubby lows. I dont think it will every be in my siginal chain again. But give it a shot. You might like it.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
I have the BBE Stinger, which is the original version of this. Released about 1992 I believe. It's a pedal, very simple to use, and works great, in fact, better according to reports than the sonic series. I have noticed especially on effects the overall dynamics are greatly improved. Oddly enough, the more effects you add, the better it sounds.

On Clean, it does act more like a EQ, but if you fiddle with it, you can expand the sound. It's really only noticeable on clean when you play your guitar for a while then switch it off.
Main Gear
Hagstrom Select Swede- Fender C600 (modded of course) - Peavey PV8
Main Effects
- DSP2024P - MT-2 - Yamaha CO-10M - MXR Phase 90 - BBE Stinger - Ibanez BCL Bi-Mode Chorus
I thought about getting one for a while, but I honestly discovered on playing with it, that it does nothing that a new amp or a couple of hours fine-tuning your amp wouldn't do. You are better off with the raw, unprocessed sound of the guitar rather than a maximiser that will make the sound too pure and lifeless. They are often best used in studio mastering IMO. Honeslty, listen to Seether's new album and you get an indication of what dry and sterile tone is, and that's what the BBE will sound like.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
It's basically a lazy man's eq. I wouldn't put one near my amp. EVER

pretty much.

for those that don't know how to EQ, it's the cheapest and the best possible remedy for bad tone
It's all about feel
I think there are a lot of assumptions and bandwagon comments about the Sonic Maximizer that aren't true at all.

By the time your amps signal projects out of the speakers, the various high and low frequencies are coming out uneven and scrambled because they are mili seconds behind and ahead of each other.
The Maximizer corrects this, allowing those frequencies to be heard as they are intended. This translates to increased clarity and punch. Which players mistake as"boosting" highs and lows. That's wrong.
The trick is not to run the Low Contour or Process dials too high. Between 4-6 for each is optimum.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Van Noord
I think there are a lot of assumptions and bandwagon comments about the Sonic Maximizer that aren't true at all.

By the time your amps signal projects out of the speakers, the various high and low frequencies are coming out uneven and scrambled because they are mili seconds behind and ahead of each other.
The Maximizer corrects this, allowing those frequencies to be heard as they are intended. This translates to increased clarity and punch. Which players mistake as"boosting" highs and lows. That's wrong.
The trick is not to run the Low Contour or Process dials too high. Between 4-6 for each is optimum.
Looks like someone bought into the marketing spiel.
Quote by smb
Looks like someone bought into the marketing spiel.
I come to conclusions on things that I have had prolonged exposure to.
You?
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Last edited by Van Noord at Oct 1, 2008,
Quote by Van Noord
Looks like someone refuses to have an open mind and just repeats what they read on ill informed guitar forums.
Over-defensive, eh? well that proves it's not a waste of money
Quote by Van Noord

There's no bandwagon just because people don't share your opinion.
I think every single person in this thread has mentioned specific personal experience with it.

My two cents are that it does what it's supposed to with less expensive amps, but with nicer amps it either makes the bass sound boomy or just makes it sound a little processed. Point is, a great amp shouldn't need one, and I'm not sure I'd spend that much on a pedal to make a cheaper amp sound a little better when a bit of tweaking would do the same thing.
Quote by smb
Over-defensive, eh? well that proves it's not a waste of money
Hey man, I'm not the one throwing instigating/stinging remarks for no reason. You prod, I respond.
Looks like someone can dish it out, but refuses to take it.
Unless using the cliche "defensive" tactic is justified as a thread ender. In that case, you win!

You: "Hey! You're dumb for believing that!"
Me: "Get bent"
You: "Over defensive, eh!"

**** that's funny!
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Scoop the sand out Mr Noord, scoop it out.

I'd like to try the sonic stomp for myself, it really seems to divide opinions on here. Which is unusual.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Well there's no point in reading BBE's website at us. I've heard their pitch, and it's bollocks.
i agree with timi_hendrix, i too was interested in trying this pedal out big time, but it seems like it won't really do much for me.... funny cuz i thought it had a great reputation...maybe i'm thinking of the Boosta Grande'.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by timi_hendrix
Scoop the sand out Mr Noord, scoop it out.
If I were the aggressor maybe. Otherwise, no.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
I have a 482i in my rack, and my experience is that you should know how to use it. If you turn the knobs past 2 o'clock, you get a scooped and processed sound. If you keep it around 12-1 o'clock, it doesnt do alot, but enough to notice some sound enhancement. You just have to make sure you dont exagerate with it.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
I have a 482i in my rack, and my experience is that you should know how to use it. If you turn the knobs past 2 o'clock, you get a scooped and processed sound. If you keep it around 12-1 o'clock, it doesnt do alot, but enough to notice some sound enhancement. You just have to make sure you dont exagerate with it.
+1, that's what I've found as well.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION