Quote by Griever988
I believe you just pull them off if I'm not mistaken

Yeah you got it. If you are just tossing the old pickguard you can also pry them off with a flat head screwdriver, just only use the guard as a fulcrum, not the body, you'll damage the finish
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Take a thin dish towel, or preferrably a guitar polish cloth and wrap it under the knob and pull it up. Comes right off without damaging the old pickguard.
Gear:

Guitars
Martin DSR
Taylor 214e
Fender Strat
Epiphone 335 Dot
Carlo Robelli Acoustic

Amps+Effects
1978 Fender Pro Reverb
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Super Overdrive
EHX Holy Grail
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
If its anything like my Tele's pup selector, it should be inserted onto the metal part by a slit and although it seems like you'll rip the entire thing off, the tip should come off with a little force.
Am I the only one who thinks the abbreviation or shortcut for 'Pickup' (pup) is annoying?
I don't mean to be a douche but I find it sounds really dumb. How hard is it to write 'Pickup'? Whatever. Lol
Quote by RX120D
Am I the only one who thinks the abbreviation or shortcut for 'Pickup' (pup) is annoying?
I don't mean to be a douche but I find it sounds really dumb. How hard is it to write 'Pickup'? Whatever. Lol

it's almost as annoying as the abbreviation for "haha" which is "lol".

haha just kidding.
Quote by RX120D

Yeah, I agree with you, that has been bothering me too for a while. Reminds me of WoW noobs going around on UG spamming about their awesome dungeon and writing songs about it in 1337 slang.

Someone on UG actually wrote a song about a WoW dungeon by the way. Wow.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
1 - the knobs pull straight up. wrapping a shoelace, rag, etc around the shaft under the knob skirt can help you pull it up. Do this before removing the pickguard. it's easier when the guard is attached to something

2 - once the knob is off, you can remove the pot by removing the nut at the base of the bushing. then push the pot down through the pickguard.

3 - the handle for the selector pulls straight up. these often fall off, so removing it will be easy.

4 - there are 2 screws that hold the selector in place. remove those, then push the switch downward through the pickguard.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.