Well yeah, Here it is, not sure about a few chord changes throughout it, if you have any better ideas then please share

C4C obviously.

Gp4, Gp5, Ptab and midi all done.

EDIT: I fixed a bunch of stuff, and wrote it in some other formats
Attachments:
Fixed thing.zip
wat.
Last edited by SsPunk at Oct 2, 2008,
Wow, just wow. Probably the best piece I've seen on UG. Nothing to enhance.

10/10.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Quote by ..NEM..
Wow, just wow. Probably the best piece I've seen on UG. Nothing to enhance.

10/10.

Wow, Thankyou very much

Do you have anything I can C4C you on?
wat.
Quote by SsPunk
Wow, Thankyou very much

Do you have anything I can C4C you on?

Nope. xD

I can PM when I do.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Nice, that was very cool, it was just a lil repetitive but not bad at all, i loved the progression, it worked very well. I'm working on a classical piece now, considering thats all i've been playing he past few month, but you shoud check that out when i'm done,
all in all 7.5/10 very good
Quote by skaguitarist182
Nice, that was very cool, it was just a lil repetitive but not bad at all, i loved the progression, it worked very well. I'm working on a classical piece now, considering thats all i've been playing he past few month, but you shoud check that out when i'm done,
all in all 7.5/10 very good

Thanks, i look forward to hearing it, In the meantime i critted one of your other songs -

USE C DIMINISHED SEVENTH NOT C MAJOR IN THE CHORUS :P

Well, It's up to you but i thought it sounded better :*)

Then again, maybe i do overuse Diminished and Augmented/other weird chords.. ah well.
wat.
Wait, is that an F# or Gb? You said it was some weird diminished scale, what is it?

It had great rhythm, even though most of the time only one voice was playing...
Stuff like the third and fourth beat of bar 3 sounds eastern.
It has classical influnces, apart from the eastern ones in (bar 3 sounds like F# phrigian dominant, with the exception of that chromatic C).

I liked the transitions between diminished, major, etc, they sounded great...
From 16 on, it is absolutely great.

You should tell me what the hell is going on in there cause I now shit about this kind of weird modal (I suppose) music...
Quote by gonzaw
Wait, is that an F# or Gb? You said it was some weird diminished scale, what is it?

It had great rhythm, even though most of the time only one voice was playing...
Stuff like the third and fourth beat of bar 3 sounds eastern.
It has classical influnces, apart from the eastern ones in (bar 3 sounds like F# phrigian dominant, with the exception of that chromatic C).

I liked the transitions between diminished, major, etc, they sounded great...
From 16 on, it is absolutely great.

You should tell me what the hell is going on in there cause I now shit about this kind of weird modal (I suppose) music...

Haha, Yeah, A lot of the accidentals were written wrongly by guitar pro.. I must admit that I couldn't be bothered to go through and change them all

Ive fixed most of it now though (attached to this post) so it might help you understand the theory more.

It starts off (the B11b9 part) in the phrygian mode of E double harmonic minor, which is very eastern sounding, the scale goes like this:

B C D# E F# G A# B

If you were wondering, the double harmonic minor scale is like the normal harmonic minor scale but with a sharp 4th as well as a sharp 7th. It's not often used

Then in the F#11b9 Part (yeah, F# not Gb) I used the phrygian mode of B double harmonic minor instead of the locrian mode of E double harmonic minor which would be enharmonically in the same key as the one before - they're the same except the locrian one has a flat 5th and 7th which would just sound too discordant - which goes:

F# G A# B C# D# E# (yeah, technically E# not F)

Then that bit repeats, then just goes to standard A harmonic minor for the Eb9 (For some reason i wrote Emb9 in the GP5, that's wrong) and the rest of the song until the G# aug chord where it changes to a normal B major.

I still use a lot of accidentals in that part though, And i used the C#harmonic minor scale over the C#diminished chord which sounded kind of weird but i liked it :P

Oh and yeah, about the different voices, i was lazy so a lot of notes which should be in the upper voice are still in the lower voice, I might fix that one day..

Oh yeah, I'm nearly done writing it into GP4 and Powertab too.
Attachments:
Fixed a bit.zip
wat.
Last edited by SsPunk at Oct 2, 2008,
Quote by gonzaw
Lol, "phrigian mode of a double harmonic minor scale"...
Can it be called a little bit more complicated?

Can you put it in midi at least?
My GP is old version and can't open your gp5 file...

For some reason it goes wrong when i put the midi in gp4 or whatever..

Check your PM inbox
wat.
WHOA! Dude, holy crap lol

that was really good! How the heck did you pull it off! I've been writing for a while now and I always want to put in some weird/cool sounding stuff into my songs, you're really good at that i can see haha

It was a bit repetitive, but is this supposed to be an instrumental piece? Either way, repetitive or not, really good.

The only thing I can critique on is the section 12-14, transition there seems hazy, but it's obv an subjective observation. Wait, what am I saying, not a critique at all, that transition was superb, I just realized what you did there (modulation as you pointed out in my thread)

Great stuff man, I'll be PM-ing you next week with some questions, hope you can help me out (its to do w/ transitions from one section to another, you pulled it off great
Quote by SsPunk
For some reason it goes wrong when i put the midi in gp4 or whatever..

Check your PM inbox

Oh, I just remembered my version can play your file..

WHOA..120BPM?
Can you play that?

I see you changed some things, and detailed the voices etc (and changed some of th e fingering, I don't know if you played it like before or like this)..

I don't know why I don't like 15-18 that much, maybe because fo the trills at the start of each bar, maybe if you take them out it sounds better...
Quote by gonzaw
Oh, I just remembered my version can play your file..

WHOA..120BPM?
Can you play that?

I see you changed some things, and detailed the voices etc (and changed some of th e fingering, I don't know if you played it like before or like this)..

I don't know why I don't like 15-18 that much, maybe because fo the trills at the start of each bar, maybe if you take them out it sounds better...

Oh lol, 120 bpm, that must have been a mistake lol - It's supposed to be 60.

I think I play it like how it is there, there might still be a few bits wrong though, ill go back and check.

Im almost done doing the GP4 and Powertab versions so ill fix everything then just upload in one file.

And yea the trills are kinda cheesy, maybe ill take them out
wat.
Quote by SsPunk
Oh lol, 120 bpm, that must have been a mistake lol - It's supposed to be 60.

I think I play it like how it is there, there might still be a few bits wrong though, ill go back and check.

Im almost done doing the GP4 and Powertab versions so ill fix everything then just upload in one file.

And yea the trills are kinda cheesy, maybe ill take them out

Doing the gp4 and ptb versions?
Can't you just export it?

Or is a gp4 file way too different than a gp5 file?
Quote by gonzaw
Doing the gp4 and ptb versions?
Can't you just export it?

Or is a gp4 file way too different than a gp5 file?

Yeah, thats what i thought

but when i exported it it came out totally wrong :| so i had to write it out from scratch
wat.
That was awesome! The transitions were great, and it was just, great, I can't say I've heard a better piece in quite time. It had a nice buildup, and a nice ending, it was just...wow.
Thanks for your crits guys, I'll return them in the morning cause im tired and its 3am

I fixed some stuff and finished writing them in gp4 and ptab, so, enjoy.
wat.