So i need a new amp.

Im looking for something with:
-Preferable a tube amp
-2 chanels
-I play Classic Rock, Alt. and Metal
-Im Gigging some of the time and the rest of the time im in my house (where noise dosent matter
-My budget is under or just barley above 1grand
-Metal dosent have to be great, i can just buy a Marshall JH-1

Any sugestions????
Last edited by Jmorrowmm at Sep 30, 2008,
I don't think tube amps have built in tuners...do they?

but anyways if your on a tight budget I'd say a valve king or a Traynor YCS50 which is like $700 I think, if you have a $1000 + then there are many amps to look at.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Last edited by mrxtreme_4 at Sep 30, 2008,
It doesn't have a tuner or reverb, but a dumble or a trainwreck ought to work well.

We need a budget. Are you gigging, or bedroom only or what? Can you go used? Where do you live (this is important, markets are different in different countries)? You're not gonna find a nice amp with a tuner built in, just buy one separate.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Sorry guys im new to this so i dont know what to write

also i tottaly space on the tube thing haha
Answer the questions I asked, we have no idea what to suggest you if you don't have a budget.
lol its ok, we've all been there. Tubes are just a type of amp, basically there's Tube amps and Solid States, I won't go into details about them but most people like tube amps better because usually they sound better, but you need to crank it to get good sound. If your just starting out I'd recommend a Spider III 15watts or a Vox AD15. They're both great little Solid state amps and they're perfect for practicing at home and they have many different sounds and effects for any style. Oh and the spider has a built in tuner, not sure about the vox though. Hope this helped
Gear:
Line6 UX2
Last edited by mrxtreme_4 at Sep 30, 2008,
Quote by mrxtreme_4
lol its ok, we've all been there. Tubes are just a type of amp, basically there's Tube amps and Solid States, I won't go into details about them but most people like tube amps better because usually they sound better, but you need to crank it to get good sound. If your just starting out I'd reccomend a Spider III 15watts or a Vox AD15. They're both great little Solid state amps but they're perfect for practicing at home and they have many different sounds and effects. Hope this helped

thanks... i practice at home but me and my band are starting to do small gigs

will what you recommended work for those...ive just recently been playing smaller crap amps
Mesa Boogie would probly be a good choice.

I just got a Line 6 Spider III. Its got good Classic rock Metal and Alt sounds. but its not a tube :\
Peavey 5150/6505 used, Peavey Valveking, Peavey Classic 30, Randall RG50tc, Peavey XXX, B-52 AT112. Those are a few just to give ya some ideas.
Sorry, didn't see your edit.

Hmm, 1000. Are you playing mainly metal? What tones are more important?

I'd check out mesa, you can afford a used rectoverb with that. It may be up your alley. That traynor would be a good choice. Either ycv50 or the ycs, though I'd steer clear of the YCV is you're playing mainly modern metal, but it's good for iron maiden, megadeth type stuff with an OD. YCS is supposed to be very versatile and able to do british and american OD alike.
Hmm if your more into classic rock I'd say a Traynor YCV50 Blue or a Peavey Classic 30, but they'd both need a dist/overdrive pedal to touch metal. Like I said before the Traynor YCS 50 is good for classic/alt/ and could do metal. Oh and B52 AT112 and Bugera 333 or bugera 6262, haven't tried them but I want to and they seem more focused on metal.
Gear:
Line6 UX2
i didn't like the ycs when i tried it, much preferred my classic 30
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808