Anyone here ever had a bass stolen?

I just got back home after the weekend only to find that my Ibanez had been 5 finger discounted when I was gone. I always put it back in it's case and hid it behind the drum riser in the jam room. Go back there to find it and it's gone. The people i play with won't fes up to it and they are the only ones with access. The guitarist is my close and best freind so i don't think it was him, maybe the drummer did most likely, or even our vocalist but wtf would he do with a bass? I'm just feeling frustrated, what should i do? I'll never see the thing again. Has this ever happened to anyone on bass forum?
my friend got his amp stolen. he actually thanked the guy in his prayers, because it was a Marshall MG100DFX
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
You should post one of those "missing children" ads in the newspaper, except have it be a missing bass ad. and then distribute flyers to the small busineses and street lights in your city.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
I know how you feel dude aye, my bmx got stolen about a year ago ($1500 down the drain) haven't found it yet and i don't think i will. Hope you find your bass soon. People that steal shit like that are scum.
I don't understand why someone in your own band would jack your bass. Unless you have other basses, wouldn't think prevent you from practicing/gigging? And the fact that they wont tell you who took it is bogus. Rage.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by TooFast
I don't understand why someone in your own band would jack your bass. Unless you have other basses, wouldn't think prevent you from practicing/gigging? And the fact that they wont tell you who took it is bogus. Rage.

Well the only conclusion i can make is that it was an inside job because they are the only ones with access, and it wasn't a break in because there were no signs of forced entry or anything like that.

An it was a high-end ibanez too...

if it was like a crappy GSR 200 or starter pack bass I would have thanked them.
Quote by Randy Bobandy
Well the only conclusion i can make is that it was an inside job because they are the only ones with access, and it wasn't a break in because there were no signs of forced entry or anything like that.

An it was a high-end ibanez too...

if it was like a crappy GSR 200 or starter pack bass I would have thanked them.

Get your band mates to own up and if they don't and you're sure one of them did it, call the police. one of these guys has just stolen something extremely valuable from you, that probably meant alot to you, so they deserve to face up to the crime.
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
Quote by Sly Taco
Oh, check your local pawnshops too bro. Good luck, thats some f*ckd up sh*t.

yeah try that but u gonna need a serial number or something for proof
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
Quote by Andy2k64
yeah try that but u gonna need a serial number or something for proof

Well all i've got is the purchase papers and some photos. I hope they would belive it.
Sorry to hear it man. That's some ****ed up shit.

On a side note, what model Ibanez?
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
Quote by Beast_Within
Sorry to hear it man. That's some ****ed up shit.

On a side note, what model Ibanez?

It was a Paul Grey sig.

Yeah, I know Slipnkot sucks (paul is pretty good though) but it was an amazing bass with active eq and i didn't want a 5 sting, so it fit the big perfectly.
That blows man! I hope you do everything in your power to get that back. I dont play in bands unless I fully trust my band mates, but I guess that is the fault. SHeeeyiiit. One spring break I had most of the stuff in my room stolen from my parents house. Luckily it was only dvd's, a few games, and a book bag. They broke into our basement door, but did't take any of my fathers expensive contstruction equipment. Just wanted to say that I feel your pain in having something stolen, but sorry dude!
Gear List

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Oscar Schmitt OE30

Orange Rockerverb 50

Gas List

Gibson Firebird