hey guys
so ive been looking through all the threads and videos and really like what i see
thanks for all the great tips and advice, ive learned alot
but now i have some questions

so my original plan is to buy an lr baggs m1 soundhole pickup for my acoustic guitar with then lr baggs paracoustic di to plug it into and modify sounds. i now saw that they have an lr baggs m1a soundhole pickup that is an "active" and doesnt really require a pickup.

first question is, does anyone know if it makes that much of a difference to just get the m1a vs the m1->paracoustic di?

for my electric i have a fender superchamp xd combo amp which i can output directly i believe
2nd question - can i just plug the amp into the audio interface directly?
(im sure the answer might depend on which one, but i want one that does i guess)

what i want to do is record my sound from the amp and from the pickup itself. im not sure what kind of audio recording device i should get though. essentially all i really need is 1 to two inputs, which some things that would help me fix and better the sound if needbe. I want the sound quality to be as high as possible, which of course gives the price limit which I woudl preferably like to keep on the lower end, not giving up quality.
i have the line 6 toneport which was fun and all, but now i want good sound

i have a laptop pc with usb if that helps
i noticed something like this
http://www.zzounds.com/item--LEXOMEGA

which had good reviews for sound, but way too many knobs that wouldnt really help. im more about quality than a quantity thing.
thank you guys so much!
Taylor 314CE
Modulus G2T and G3CT
3 Warmoth Guitars
2 Fender MIA Strats--SRV & JM
Alvarez w/ Modulus Neck and EMG DG-20s
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 w/ 1960a cab
Breedlove AC250/SM12
Gold Tone Weissenborn
Adrenalinn III & FCB1010
ALOT of pedals
please help!
Taylor 314CE
Modulus G2T and G3CT
3 Warmoth Guitars
2 Fender MIA Strats--SRV & JM
Alvarez w/ Modulus Neck and EMG DG-20s
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 w/ 1960a cab
Breedlove AC250/SM12
Gold Tone Weissenborn
Adrenalinn III & FCB1010
ALOT of pedals
First of all, that's not a lot of knobs.

I don't really get what you're asking with the acoustic pickup, you've put 'they have a pickup which doesn't require a pickup'. What??

As for the electric, you could plug your amps' direct out into that interface, but personally I'd prefer to mic the amp for a more natural sound. Also, make sure you're not outputting through a 'speaker out' output on your amp. You'll cause damage.
There is poetry in despair.