Hey guys,
We did recording yesterday and put up the really really rough mix on our myspace this morning.. We understand how rough it is in some places (mainly the intro) but we'd love it if you could check it out and let us know what you think? We should be getting the mastered/mixed version in a few weeks
We need feedback urgently! So anything you have to say would be great!
http://www.myspace.com/settheskiesablaze
I can't imagine wanting to hear a mastered and mixed version of any of those. No offense, it's just not terribly original, and the musicianship is lacking
Explanations? WHY is it not original? It's actually 100% Original material.
And how is the "musicianship lacking" ?
Last edited by -HeretiC- at Sep 30, 2008,
You guys have some potential imo. Learn to rely less on the same kind of rhythms throughout a song.Also try to incorporate more variation within transitions in your riffs.What you do have is somewhat of a distinct atmosphere.Also try to use the pedal tone riffs more sparingly, I'm hearing some good ideas that could be executed in a different riff formats that are not as linear.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Quote by Riffmast
You guys have some potential imo. Learn to rely less on the same kind of rhythms throughout a song.Also try to incorporate more variation within transitions in your riffs.What you do have is somewhat of a distinct atmosphere.Also try to use the pedal tone riffs more sparingly, I'm hearing some good ideas that could be executed in a different riff formats that are not as linear.

Cheers mate,
Some very useful advice there!