I play alot of classic rock and Blues with some hair metal and hard rock mixed in.

I'm looking for a fairly high output pickup with clarity in the mids.

I'm thinking a DiMarzio SD for the bridge that or an X2N

for the neck maybe an evolution? I dunno
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
you don't necessarily need high output pups, mind you. but SD JB in the bridge and Jazz in the neck works VERY well for me, and that's what i pretty much play. check my profile for clips and that's what mine sound like through my SG.

mid output pups will work perfectly fine for what you want i'm sure though. but i'm perfectly happy w/ my Seymour Duncans, and they were only like $130 together.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
I'm not a fan of high output pickups, amps these days have well enough gain to make up for whatever output a pickup has and high output pickups end up having little character.

For the styles you're playing, some sort of PAF style pickup will do better than a X2N or super distortion.
Quote by slash_rocks2005
you don't necessarily need high output pups, mind you. but SD JB in the bridge and Jazz in the neck works VERY well for me, and that's what i pretty much play. check my profile for clips and that's what mine sound like through my SG.

mid output pups will work perfectly fine for what you want i'm sure though. but i'm perfectly happy w/ my Seymour Duncans, and they were only like $130 together.

I already havea JB in the neck and peraly gates II in the bridge I'll switch em around and see what happens
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
what is it you don't like about your sound? it seems as though you've already got pups that should be getting you close to a sound you like.

maybe it's the amp? tell me what it is you don't like about your sound, and what aspects (i.e.: is it your clean or distorted sound you want to improve, or both; what exactly about the sound is lacking)
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005
what is it you don't like about your sound? it seems as though you've already got pups that should be getting you close to a sound you like.

maybe it's the amp? tell me what it is you don't like about your sound, and what aspects (i.e.: is it your clean or distorted sound you want to improve, or both; what exactly about the sound is lacking)

Oh I know what I"m lacking amp wise but I just want a little bit higher output pup with a little more mid bite
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
well if you don't say what's wrong then how can anyone suggest anything? i understand you want more midrange...i'd try an OD pedal before new pups. the ones you have should be working alright. an OD will fatten up your sound all around, so i think that'd take care of your mid problem as well.

if you're not getting enough clarity it could be one of a few things that i can think of :

1) too much gain being used

2) too much bass

3) your pups are too high output already and you should use mid output ones to balance off better with however much gain you're using

like i said, kind of hard to pinpoint the problem if you don't be as detailed and specific as possible
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005
well if you don't say what's wrong then how can anyone suggest anything? i understand you want more midrange...i'd try an OD pedal before new pups. the ones you have should be working alright. an OD will fatten up your sound all around, so i think that'd take care of your mid problem as well.

if you're not getting enough clarity it could be one of a few things that i can think of :

1) too much gain being used

2) too much bass

3) your pups are too high output already and you should use mid output ones to balance off better with however much gain you're using

like i said, kind of hard to pinpoint the problem if you don't be as detailed and specific as possible

I wasn't specific cause Everything is changing tomorrow I'm picking up a Laney AOR protube to replace my princeton chorus
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
I wasn't specific cause Everything is changing tomorrow I'm picking up a Laney AOR protube to replace my princeton chorus

Congrats on the amp. I was going to suggest pearly gates, but ... Check out the guitar with the Laney and see if you still even want to swap them. Congrats again.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
Congrats on the amp. I was going to suggest pearly gates, but ... Check out the guitar with the Laney and see if you still even want to swap them. Congrats again.

yeah, thanks Gregs, It's a great amp I love it. Plus I get it for 200 bucks cause I work there! woo! lol.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
There better be a new amp day thread soon. Nice score.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
There better be a new amp day thread soon. Nice score.

with in 2 weeks I'm gonna clean it up first plus I'm gonna change the tubes to JJs or something like that an I'm pretty busy
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
I play alot of classic rock and Blues with some hair metal and hard rock mixed in.

I'm looking for a fairly high output pickup with clarity in the mids.

I'm thinking a DiMarzio SD for the bridge that or an X2N

for the neck maybe an evolution? I dunno

Super Distortion obviously is what Tom Scholz uses, but bear in mind that it was pretty much the ONLY aftermarket pickup around at that time. If you want something a little less fizzy and arguably more versatile then look at the Norton or the Breed - don't go within a million miles of the X2N. For the neck a Breed is probably the way to go.

[EDIT]
what in the hell possessed you to put a screamer like the JB in the neck and a low output Alnico 2 pickup in the bridge? That's mental that is - if you switch them round you'll probably be sorted!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Super Distortion obviously is what Tom Scholz uses, but bear in mind that it was pretty much the ONLY aftermarket pickup around at that time. If you want something a little less fizzy and arguably more versatile then look at the Norton or the Breed - don't go within a million miles of the X2N. For the neck a Breed is probably the way to go.

[EDIT]
what in the hell possessed you to put a screamer like the JB in the neck and a low output Alnico 2 pickup in the bridge? That's mental that is - if you switch them round you'll probably be sorted!

good Job you knew that.

I didn't put it there someone else did I got the guitar used
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era