Alright guys, I currently have a Valveking, and I'm wondering if a JCM 900 would be a good step up from that, I would get the 50 watt version, and I'm also curious to know if it would be alright to play through my Epiphone Valve Junior cab. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!
it would be a good step up i think, what kind of music do you play though?

and no, don't use it through your cab, you'll bust the speakers
i'd say just get the combo version because i know there is one
Quote by guitaruboy
it would be a good step up i think, what kind of music do you play though?

and no, don't use it through your cab, you'll bust the speakers
i'd say just get the combo version because i know there is one

I play classic rock, hard rock, some metal (my Valveking covers that nicely). I would get the 50 watt version, and the cab can handle 75 watts. Why wouldn't that work?

Main reason I don't want to get the combo is because my parents will be like "oh no, not another big amp." But if I get the head version, it won't be as big of a deal lol.

Also, how much do you think I can find one for?
Quote by GNRjungle87
I play classic rock, hard rock, some metal (my Valveking covers that nicely). I would get the 50 watt version, and the cab can handle 75 watts. Why wouldn't that work?

Main reason I don't want to get the combo is because my parents will be like "oh no, not another big amp." But if I get the head version, it won't be as big of a deal lol.

Also, how much do you think I can find one for?

did you tell them about the cab your going to get later on?
Quote by kckyle
did you tell them about the cab your going to get later on?

Well I still don't understand why I'd need another cab, because the head is only 50 watts and my VJ cab is rated at 75 watts.
Quote by kckyle
oh right, yeah didn't see the vj cab there.

So the VJ cab will work with the JCM?
Quote by kckyle
you mentioned 75 watt right? yeah just match up the ohms and you should be fine

Alright thanks man. Any idea of how much I can find the JCM for?
a 50watt right? last time i check you can get one off ebay for around 500-600ish. but my friend got his for 450 off craigslist so you might want to check that as well.
I got my 4501 for $525 off craigslist. For your styles, a jcm 900 should be great.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Quote by Sendrith
I got my 4501 for $525 off craigslist. For your styles, a jcm 900 should be great.

Thanks!

Do you think that the JCM would be a better choice than an Orange Tiny Terror?