Poll: what should I do?
Poll Options
View poll results: what should I do?
keep the valveking and do a speaker change
1 7%
keep the marshall
2 14%
sell em both and get something better(please specify)
11 79%
Voters: 14.
right now i have 2 amps, a valveking 112 and a marshall valvestate 265. im trying to figure out which one i should keep.
i play a lot of punk(not pop punk), classic rock, and just a little metal. if u wanna suggest another amp be my guest but please give reasons as to why it would suite me.
i'd like to have a good clean channel and some sorta heavy distortion. neither of these two amps i have, have enough distortion. i want something thats gonna sound good with pedals too... sry if im askin to much, im still sort of a noob.
My Gear...
Fender Deluxe Fat Strat
Fernandes Retrorocket
Epiphone G400
Blackstar HT-5c
Blackstar HT Club 40
Last edited by someguy27 at Sep 30, 2008,
if you sell both you could start looking at amps like a mesa f-30 or peavey classic 30 and what not, but you need to be more specific, do you gig, do you have any other money you could add to your budget, etc...
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
no i dont gig. and yes i can always add money. plus im sellin 2 of my guitars
My Gear...
Fender Deluxe Fat Strat
Fernandes Retrorocket
Epiphone G400
Blackstar HT-5c
Blackstar HT Club 40
500?
My Gear...
Fender Deluxe Fat Strat
Fernandes Retrorocket
Epiphone G400
Blackstar HT-5c
Blackstar HT Club 40
Quote by someguy27
500?

Before or after you sell 2 guitars and 2 amps? I was going to suggest putting a new speaker in the VK and adding an EQ and good OD. But if you sold off 4 things, you could be in an entire new price range. Either way - you win.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
before
My Gear...
Fender Deluxe Fat Strat
Fernandes Retrorocket
Epiphone G400
Blackstar HT-5c
Blackstar HT Club 40
Quote by someguy27
before

Then start posting your stuff on craigslist. Keep the amp you like best to get you through until you can get something else. (I'd keep the VK, but that's me not you).
So you should be in a $700-1000 area when you done selling off gear. This puts you in (used) Mesa F-30 range or Orange TT and cab. Also soon, this looks pretty interesting.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Egnater-Rebel-20-20W-Tube-Guitar-Amp-Head?sku=483496 Obviously I have not tried one, but I would consider trying it if I were you once it does.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
sry to bring this back but i have one more question. should i go with a lower wattage amp? i only play in my bedroom and my 50w and 65w amps are only played at a volume of 1.5 to 2 max. i was lookin at the posts about the crate v18. would that suit my needs? i honestly dont care about the wattage i just really want quality(i dont want to have to use a pedal ya know?) although i think i would like to keep it 10w or above. does this help at all?
My Gear...
Fender Deluxe Fat Strat
Fernandes Retrorocket
Epiphone G400
Blackstar HT-5c
Blackstar HT Club 40
If you choose the crate you;d have like $300 leftover, which could get you a couple high quality pedals.
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

and i forgot to mention i used to own an ibanez tb15r and i loved it... is there an amp similar to it? unfortunately it was discontinued
My Gear...
Fender Deluxe Fat Strat
Fernandes Retrorocket
Epiphone G400
Blackstar HT-5c
Blackstar HT Club 40