I am thinking of putting a Floyd Rose on my MIM stratocaster.

i was wondering about the recessing of the bridge:

Does a non-recessed FR stay in tune better (since it isn't floating) ?

ive looked on google for answers but there's mixed words...

i only really like to do dive bombs and don't want the trouble of the hard tuning.
Recessing it doesn't mean it floats, having space under the tail does. And that space can be there whether or not you make a recess. Now, for a Strat-style guitar you'll HAVE to recess it unless you want mile-high action. Or you could shim the neck to give it a backwards angle (but I dislike that out of sheer principle- I believe the lessened contact between neck and body would have a negative effect).

What you'd do to easily make the Floyd non-floating is install a Tremol-no.
Last edited by Pikka Bird at Oct 1, 2008,
theres a bridge and locking nut kit that goes on strats and you dont need to recess it at all it ust drops in but i can remember the name, if i can ill post it
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
maybe your thinking of i think here called kalhers and they are similar to floyds but i thinko they still need some routing
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan
its a super vee!!! lol

they look awesome but they cost quite a bit, but there double locking and i think no routing maybe a tiny amount though google em
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by rancidryan
its a super vee!!! lol

they look awesome but they cost quite a bit, but there double locking and i think no routing maybe a tiny amount though google em

i would get a super vee trem but they dont provide me a left handed model

i emailed the super vee ppl and they said by Namm in january theyd anounce it...