So over the past few month's I have been doing some upgrades to my MIM P-bass. So far I've added some Seymour Duncan Quarter-Pounders and I just added a BadAss II bridge. So right now it's a pretty solid instrument. I was thinking about getting some new tuners. They stock ones I must are pretty decent, they're pretty stable. I was thinking about getting the Hipshot Bass Extender Key, and then I was thinking about get some better one's to replace the other's. First of all, does that Hipshot Extender Key, really work? I'm a bit skeptical. I would prolly get Hipshot tuners to replace the other one's as well. Any other brands I should take a look at? Any others even do the drop tunning key?

And, is it even really worth it? Think dumping 250 bucks in to a $450 dollar bass is worth it?
I'm thinking about getting Schaller BML Bass Tuners for my VM P, they are $50 from warmoth.

Did you get your BAII bridge pre grooved or did you do it yourself? How much better would you say your bass is with the BAII and the quarter-pounders?
Quote by Miss G
I'm thinking about getting Schaller BML Bass Tuners for my VM P, they are $50 from warmoth.

Did you get your BAII bridge pre grooved or did you do it yourself? How much better would you say your bass is with the BAII and the quarter-pounders?

I filed the grooves in the BAII myself, and it came out pretty good, a little sloppy.

It's a much better bass overall, the quarter-pounder have so much more punchand volume than the stock pups. And the BAII is wonderful, notes ring out so much clearer. And as an added bonus, when playing with a pick, it makes a much better to anchor on IMO.
Quote by Captain Insano
I filed the grooves in the BAII myself, and it came out pretty good, a little sloppy.

It's a much better bass overall, the quarter-pounder have so much more punchand volume than the stock pups. And the BAII is wonderful, notes ring out so much clearer. And as an added bonus, when playing with a pick, it makes a much better to anchor on IMO.

So the quarter-pounder would be good for a punchy punk tone?
Yes--the punch from a Quarter Pounder is amazing. Loud and punchy are good adjectives.

I am looking at getting some Gotohs for my Pbass clone, for some reason I can't find a set of Schallers that fit exactly to the bass (stupid Epi).
Quote by Captain Insano
And, is it even really worth it? Think dumping 250 bucks in to a $450 dollar bass is worth it?

can't you get stuff like that cheaper on ebay?
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Captain, the Extender really does work. A buddy of mine has one on his bass, and the thing is REALLY fun to mess with. It's totally worth it, especially once you get the hang of it. It will, for sure, frustrate you for about a day or so. Then once you understand the whole process, it makes dropping to D very fast. Hipshot makes great stuff, I'd just get the whole set with an Extender.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
I was gonna recommend Korg.

Detuners are great. in fact, hipshot as a whole is good.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom