hey, I have a few questions:

sorry if this has already been posted, too many threads make it hard, i might have missed it.

I would like to get some advice on how to sing while playing the guitar. I have been playing for a few years now but I'm still new, I can play a few chords and simple stuff but I'm still learning, however I can't sing and play at the same time. I try to do it but I lose my concentration on the guitar or the rhythm just goes off sync if you know what I mean, I tried everything, even humming the tune but to no avail. Is there any advice on how to sing and play at the same time, especially for an amateur guitar player.

p.s please don't tell me to search on google, too many sites with different info so I don't wanna be mislead.

also, if my guitar does not have a whammy bar, is it possible to install one, like attach it or buy a new bridge? Because I want to get a guitar but it doesn't have a whammy bar.

thanks!
this may or may not be beneficial to you, or the "right" way to do it, but I can tell you what I did.

I took a simple song that had a very easy chord progression to play on an acoustic guitar (for me it was Pearl Jam - Last Kiss [G-Em-C-D]) and I strummed a simple rhythm for it over and over and over until I wasn't thinking about it at all, at which point I could start singing with it without royally screwing up my rhythm. it took some time and practice, but eventually it worked out... except that I'm a terrible singer =P.

hope it helped, enjoy.